We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested Itinerary for 9 day trip. Feedback requested

Ada, Michigan
Level Contributor
65 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Suggested Itinerary for 9 day trip. Feedback requested

I am visiting Nicaragua with 2 other women this November. We will have 9 full days in Nicaragua. I visited Nicaragua 8 years ago with my husband, but they’ve not been there. We are in our late 50’s and 60’s, fairly fit, interested in culture and nature. This is what we’ve tentatively planned. I’d like feedback on the logistics of our itinerary. Depending on costs, we will take busses, taxis and may hire a driver for some required travel:

Arrive Thursday morning. Travel to Lean. Sightsee Leon

Friday: Sightsee Leon

Saturday: Travel to Esteli. Sightsee Esteli

Sunday: Sightsee Esteli (Miraflor Nature Reserve)

Monday: Travel to Mombacho Lodge (hike)

Tuesday: Mombacho Lodge (hike)

Wednesday: Granada

Thursday: Granada (sightsee white villages and Masaya)

Friday:Granada (sightsee Volcano National Park and Laguna)

Saturday: Leave for home

Thanks so much for your input. We are very excited about the trip! Shelley

Mentioned in this post
Nicaragua
Nicaragua
Central America
Leon
Leon
Leon Department, Nicaragua
Granada
Granada
Granada Department, Nicaragua
Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
7,008 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested Itinerary for 9 day trip. Feedback requested

Sounds good. In Leon don't miss the cathedral roof and the street food behind the cathedral. In Esteli you might consider a trip to El Tisey. I would recommend staying overnight at Miraflor (in a homestay). In Granada we like the isletas (there are boat tours but we prefer kayaking).

From the UCA in Managua take a minibus to Leon. From Leon a bus to Esteli. Esteli to Mombacho is a bit more complicated but I believe there are buses to Masaya (via Tipitapa). In Masaya you can take a bus to Nandaime and ask to be let off at the Mombacho entrance (2 km walk to entrance) or take a taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Leon
Leon
Leon Department, Nicaragua
Granada
Granada
Granada Department, Nicaragua
Managua
Managua
Managua Department, Nicaragua
2. Re: Suggested Itinerary for 9 day trip. Feedback requested

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Leon