We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations 2.5 days

ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
130 reviews
Recommendations 2.5 days

So little time so much to see. Can someone help me prioritize? We will do boat tour for pictured rocks. We can do moderate hiking 5 -8 miles. Should we go to sand dunes. Which falls ? Where to atv or easy mountain biking. ? We can’t do all I mentioned due to time. Any recommendations on how to get the best all round experience?

8 replies to this topic
Muskegon County...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: Recommendations 2.5 days

Tahquanemon Falls and a drive on H-58 between Munising and Grand Mariais.

Whitefish Point and lunch at Brown's Fisheries.

ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
130 reviews
2. Re: Recommendations 2.5 days

thank you. we are on our way! just crossed the bridge!

Niles, Michigan
Level Contributor
92 posts
189 reviews
3. Re: Recommendations 2.5 days

There are several water falls to see between Munising and Grand Marais. You might just research waterfalls as I have posted several reviews. There are good ATV trails in the area but you'd have to rent an ATV so that might not be a great option. Several lighthouses to see as well.

Level Contributor
2,834 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Recommendations 2.5 days

If you have not seen www.thegreatwaters.com is a good link to check out. I think between Munising, MI and Sault Ste Marie, MI your two and a half days will go very fast. Remember, out of the three boat tours in Munising, two tour the Pictured Rocks, one around Grand Island and the other east looking at the main land. Consider taking a Soo Locks boat tour as well. Kind of a neat experience. If somehow (it will never happen) you run out of things to do, Mackinac Island is quite amazing. My memory is not going where I want right now but there is a ATV company that takes you on ATVs to a cool natural rock area on the island east of I75. If i can find it again I will share it.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
8,204 posts
327 reviews
5. Re: Recommendations 2.5 days

coming from ohio, methinks you should go ATV'ing on your way up to da yoop and go at silver lake dunes state park near ludington..... and save your so little valuable time in da yoop for a more wilderness experience and silent sports (don't worry, i'm not anti-motor sports.....i owned a snowmobile for 11 years and have been riding for over 2 years!)....

http://www.thinkdunes.com/

6. Re: Recommendations 2.5 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 August 2018, 00:22

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
39 posts
7. Re: Recommendations 2.5 days

There is a long list of things you can do in the Sault Ste. Marie area. Might I suggest you try out one of the Soo Locks Boat Tours, a two hour trip through both the American and Canadian locks. If you are looking for a more scenic tour, try a lighthouse or sunset cruise! More information can be found at http://www.soolocks.com/. For hiking, I would highly recommend Tahquamenon Falls. There is a 4 mile walking path from the Upper to the Lower Falls, which would equate to an 8 mile walk or a 4 mile walk with a bus back to your car. These falls are one of the largest east of the Mississippi with a drop of 50 feet at the Upper Falls. For ATV maps in the Eastern U.P., check out chippewacountysorva.com/index.php/maps/.

Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
8. Re: Recommendations 2.5 days

We hiked to Chapel Rock, along the way the way beautiful forest and waterfalls. Fairly easy 6 to 7 mile hike total. The beach at Chapel Rock is a site to behold the water is crystal clear and a beautiful green color. We also hike the log slide trail located in Grand Marais city limits, short hike to the top of the dune, beautiful vista.

Reply to: Recommendations 2.5 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Munising
More Munising Topics