We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep from Tatopani to Jomsom

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Jeep from Tatopani to Jomsom

We are planning a trip to Nepal in April.

We will go trkking till Tatopani from Poon Hill and there we would like to go with a private jeep to Jomsom. The next day to go from Jomsom to Kagbeni and Muktinath and the third day to return by jeep from Jomsom to Beni and Pokhara.

1. What can be the prices of these private jeep tours ?

2. Is there any agency in Jomsom or Pokhara that is making such tours ?

3. Is it safer to go by jeep from Jomsom to Pokhara or fly ? Is it possible to go from Jomsom to Pokhara in one day in a private jeep ?

Thank you for the answers.

Kathmandu, Nepal
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeep from Tatopani to Jomsom

hello rata

You are planning to trek tatopani from poon hill and you would like to go from a private jeep to jomsom. And the next day would you like to take a jeep from Jomsom to kagbeni and muktinath or you can go walking with foot.

1. The cost of private jeep per day is $ 200.

2. There isn't any agency in Jomsom but we can get lots of agency in Pokhara city that is making such type of tour.

3. It is better to go by fly because situation of road from jomsom to beni is too critical so, it's better to go pokhara from jomsom by flight.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeep from Tatopani to Jomsom

Ganesh, thank you for the answer.

What do you mean the situation of road from jomsom to beni is too critical ? Is it a dangerous road ? All the road or part of it ? What is the problematic part - from Jomsom to Tatopani or from Tatopani to Beni ? Is the flight from Jomsom safe ?

Kathmandu, Nepal
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeep from Tatopani to Jomsom

Yes fata the situation of road from jomsom to beni is dangerous but few of local vehicles are also run their. In my opinion its better to flight from Jomson to pokhara and is much more safe.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeep from Tatopani to Jomsom

In addition to Ganesh Post we would like to add that flying from Jomsom to Pokhara wil cost you around 75 USD per person, so depending on the amount of persons you are travelling with, this may even be a cheaper option.

Have a great trip,

Great Wall Tours and Travel

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeep from Tatopani to Jomsom

Hi

It’s true that road from jomsom to Beni is very dangerous , so it’s better to fly from jomsom to Pokhara from the safety view. And no in jomsom area there is no trekking agency which make such types of tours but you can find many agencies in Pokhara which set your tour as you want.

Best regards!!!!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeep from Tatopani to Jomsom

Hi

It’s true that road from jomsom to Beni is very dangerous , so it’s better to fly from jomsom to Pokhara from the safety view. And no in jomsom area there is no trekking agency which make such types of tours but you can find many agencies in Pokhara which set your tour as you want.

Best regards!!!!

Pokhara
Level Contributor
893 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jeep from Tatopani to Jomsom

This Jeep Service Is Available from Tatopani to Jomsom Kagbeni Muktinath Back to Pokhara You have to Book this trip in Pokhara before you start your POON HILL trek so that they will arrange You the Pick Up @ TATOPANI

If Any Question Pls Send Me the PM .

Regards

Raja Hotel Glacier Pokhara

St. Petersburg...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Jeep from Tatopani to Jomsom

Hello, Ganesh!

Are you biking around Himalaya? I live in Russia and doing some adveture trips around Russia and other countries. I also have some planned projects for Nepal and Tibet. Everytime I need bike mechanic and colleague helping in region to do some journeys. This April I go to Nepal. If you agree to talk about it - write me please on:

shuretz@bk.ru

Alex

9. Re: Jeep from Tatopani to Jomsom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2013, 14:54