We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trekking ABC on MAY-JUNE 2019 anyone??

Save Topic
Trekking ABC on MAY-JUNE 2019 anyone??

Hi, I am planning to go to Nepal on mid May 2019 and I am going solo! I am looking for trekking mate or partner so we could split cost.. So, if there is any of you who hv plan to go by that time, please contact me, and maybe we can go together and slip up cost haha :)

Mentioned in this post
8 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
13,692 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trekking ABC on MAY-JUNE 2019 anyone??

HI

I suggest posting on trekkingpartners.com too (if you have not done so already) but, just as on here, watch out for mesages from guides and porters who may pose as trekkers.

scoodly

Save Reply
2. Re: Trekking ABC on MAY-JUNE 2019 anyone??

HI Scoodly

Thanks for your suggestion, I will definitely do that. Have you trekked ABC before?

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
13,692 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trekking ABC on MAY-JUNE 2019 anyone??

HI

You're welcome. I have trekked ABC twice. It's a great short trek with a number of route options including to go to Poon Hill or not. There are lots villages & lodge clusters (those above Chomrong really) so it can be staged flexibly. In brief, I would sleep at Deurali and MBC to have a reasonably safe ascent from an AMS point of view.

This map might help with planning and an overview of the trek:

…umbra.cz/img/map/Annapurna_1_125000_150_dpi…

into-thin-air linked to a better, more up to date one recently...maybe he will link to it again.

scoodly

Mentioned in this post
Poon Hill
Poon Hill
1,269 Reviews
Pokhara, Nepal
Save Reply
4. Re: Trekking ABC on MAY-JUNE 2019 anyone??

HI

OMG thank you so much for the details, it helped me a lot! I am kinda wondering whether I will be able to find someone to trek ABC with when I get in Kathmandu? since I don't want to take company tour. And did you use guide or tour when you trekked ABC?

Mentioned in this post
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
13,692 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trekking ABC on MAY-JUNE 2019 anyone??

Hi

I used a guide for the first trek to ABC but not for the second. A guide is not necessary for finding the correct route or arranging for food and places to stay. A good guide can enhance a trek by giving lots of information about the people, culture and the mountains and will make transport, food & accommodation easier. IT's a personal choice, a decision to be made with your trekking buddies, I think.

May/June is not the busiest time of year fro trekking but I think there should be enough people trekking to ABC to find companions. If your posts on her and trekkingpartners do not work then it's still possible to meet people in KTM or Pokhara (most people start the ABC trek from P) and it's easy to meet people on the early parts of the trek to walk with for the day or longer. Trekking is quite sociable and meals are taken at the same time in the lodges so it's usually easy to meet people.

A guidebook might be useful, a general one such as Lonely Planets's Trekking in the Nepal Himalaya which will have a section on ABC as well as general travel information

scoodly

Mentioned in this post
Pokhara
Pokhara
Gandaki Zone, Nepal
Save Reply
6. Re: Trekking ABC on MAY-JUNE 2019 anyone??

Hi Scoodly Thank you so much. This information helps me a lot on planning my trips.

I wish you a good day :)

7. Re: Trekking ABC on MAY-JUNE 2019 anyone??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2018, 20:55

8. Re: Trekking ABC on MAY-JUNE 2019 anyone??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2018, 19:04

Reply to: Trekking ABC on MAY-JUNE 2019 anyone??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Annapurna Region