We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bharat Sevashram Sangha Gaya, Details Reqd. !

Rourkela, India
6 posts
Save Topic
Bharat Sevashram Sangha Gaya, Details Reqd. !

Dear Mr. Roy,

Thanks for all your posts & in fact, I went through all your posts and found them very effective. We will be traveling from Allahabad by 12322 Kolkata Mail and the train reaches Gaya in early morning, at about 4 AM. We plan to offer PindDan in the morning and come back in the afterrnoon to catch a train for Varanasi. Pl. clarify the below.

1. Will the BHARAT SEVASHRAM SANGHA office at the station be open at 4 AM ?

2. If I am coming from Allahabad by 12322 Kolkata Mail to Gaya, which end of the station will the office be located ? That is towards the end of the train or towards the Engine? ( Want to know it for sure, to be safe enough)

3. Maximum by what time, the rituals will it be finished, so that we can catch a train in the afternoon by 3PM for Varanasi ?

4. I have already sent an email to their office, but not sure about the booking status. Will u pl. confirm their telephone nos. so that we can book a room, which will be required only for getting freshup in the morning.

5. What will be the approximate expenditure involved at thr Asham for PindaDan ?

6. Finally, I am also a fellow TripAdvisor member & regularly interact for travel details. Thanks a lot. Pl. help.

S.C.Choudhury E-mail: subasch_rkl@yahoo.co.in

Mob : 08895500451

Kolkata, India
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bharat Sevashram Sangha Gaya, Details Reqd. !

Mharaj,

Pranaam.

I will need your kind help in performing Pinda daan for my mother on 12th July;2012. As such I shall reach Gaya around 6 p.m on 11th July;12 by Poorva Express from Kolkata. Could it be possible for you to kindly book an accommodation at the Ashram for a night on 11th July;12?

While I very eagerly await your kind confirmation over

my Cell Phone No.09339735901 I remain yours faithfully,

Soumya Kanti Chakravorty

2 South Park, Santoshpur, Kolkata - 700 075

e-mail ID : chakravorty.soumya@gmail.com

Kolkata, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bharat Sevashram Sangha Gaya, Details Reqd. !

Maharaj,

Pranaam.

I intend to perform Pinda daan for my mother on 12th July'12 and as such shall be reaching Gaya around 6 p.m. on 11th July'12 by Poorva Express from Kolkata.

I will need you kind help in performing the last rites for my mother on 12th July and look forward to your kind permission to lodge at your Sevashram for a night on 11th July'12.

Kindly confirm over my Cell Phone No.: 09339735901.

While looking forward to your kind help, I remain,

yours faithfully,

Soumya Kanti Chakravorty

2 South Park, Santoshpur, Kolkata - 700 075

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
913 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bharat Sevashram Sangha Gaya, Details Reqd. !

Dear Saumya,

No need to mentioned mobile number in forums , most of informations have been shared by TA members in other post of the same forum, please go through it and if you still you have queries related to Pond dan please write it here. Thank you

Visakhapatnam...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Bharat Sevashram Sangha Gaya, Details Reqd. !

Sir,

Hearty pranamams,

I am planning to perform annual ceremony of my father on 28/09/12 and my uncle intends to perform pind dan of my grand father on 27/09/12. we reach gaya by 2AM of 27the Sept and leave for Varanasi on the noon of 28th Sept -2012. We are in need of accommodation and as well as pundit who know a little bit Telugu as we are from Andhra Pradesh, Visakhapatnam.

Will you please guide us in this regard?

Thanking you Sir,

Namaste

Chandrasekharam

mobile number:9440774448

Email: cvedanabhatla@gmail.com

Edited: 23 August 2012, 12:42
Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
913 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bharat Sevashram Sangha Gaya, Details Reqd. !

Dear Chandra,

if you read this thread you get to know all info. Other than Hindu diffult to find panda who speaks Telegu but yes they understand bit english.

For accomodation you try in Gaya close to station else move to Bodhgaya have many options for budget hotels.

New Delhi, Delhi...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Bharat Sevashram Sangha Gaya, Details Reqd. !

Dear Sir,

I request you to kindly help me in this regard. I am reaching Gaya on the 1/10/2012 at 6 a.m. in order to perform annual ceremony of my father. We are three members of the family and require accommodation for the night of 1/10/2012.

Kindly reply at the earliest. at email shubhra.chakravarty@gmail.com

regards,

Shubhra

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
913 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bharat Sevashram Sangha Gaya, Details Reqd. !

Ritual can be performed in 4-5 hrs and for this please get in touch with BSS which already discussed in above forum.

You can look for accomodation near to rly station or move bodhgaya that will be having more options.

Few travellers have reccommended for Deep Guest house, Bodhgaya.

Kolkata, India
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Bharat Sevashram Sangha Gaya, Details Reqd. !

My father has expired on 21st April 2009. We are two sister. Elder one is married and younger one is still single. Till 2012 my mother has performed my father's yearly shraad ceremony in our home town kolkata. Now she wants to perform Pinda Daan at Gaya as it was my father's last wish. What I want to know that which will be the right time to perform pinda daan and who will do it my mother or my younger sis who is still unmarried. Or I along with my husband whose father is still alive but mother has expired in 2000 can also take part in this. We want to [erform this rituals through Bharat Sevashram Sanga only... but there are so many queries. Please let me know through mail so that I can plan accordingly.

My Mail Id is : tanaya.chakraborty@gmail.com

Please do reply back as waiting for your mail eagerly.

Tanaya Chakraborty

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
913 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bharat Sevashram Sangha Gaya, Details Reqd. !

In next Oct famous pitrapaksha mela which is specially for Pind dan organised.

I am not sure who can perform the Pind dan but suggest better if you can take your husband or else call BSS and confirm the same.

Bharat Sevashram Sangha, Gaya,Bihar. Phone: 0631-2220929 / 2220579 / 2423663.

ROURKELA
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bharat Sevashram Sangha Gaya, Details Reqd. !

Sir,

I am reaching Gaya on 21st sep.2012 for pind daan of my mother and father.

I will be there with my wifr and two children.

I require one night stay at GAYA on 21st sep-2012. Next day morning we will perform pind daan and move towards Patna.

please help

Deepak Mehta

mail id- dpkpnjbi@gmail.com

Rourkela-Odisha

Get answers to your questions about Bodh Gaya