We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning: Hotel Laxmi International

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Warning: Hotel Laxmi International

I stayed at the Laxmi hotel in Siddhartha Nagar, the new development behind the main drag in Bodh Gaya in April 2011. I was severely electrocuted in the shower, necessitating repatriation and, ultimately, the amputation of my left hand and forearm. For the gory details, see my account on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/c4sd5d5

The management of Laxmi, eager to avoid liability, tried to blame me for what happened and then cut a deal whereby they paid the internal airfares, etc, to get me out of the country. There has been no formal investigation of this atrocious 'accident' and I doubt that the dangerous wiring has been rectified.

Therefore, be warned that you take your life in your hands if you stay at Hotel Laxmi International, Bodh-Gaya.

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
976 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warning: Hotel Laxmi International

Dear Ninorc23,

Thanks for writing in this forum.

This will alert the fellow travellers, and hope you are better now. I am not able to open you facebook link..can you provide the link again.

I will try to raise this case to hingher authority in Bihar tourism so this kind of incident not repeat again and same way you get justice.

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Warning: Hotel Laxmi International

Hi mukeshdangi,

Thanks for your interest. I am doing OK, but have lost a limb and my foot had to be substantially reconstructed.

The link, above, works for me; maybe you have to be logged in to Facebook to see it?

The uncompressed URL is https://www.facebook.com/russell.cronin?sk=notes#!/note.php?note_id=230169870326472

It's a public page, in my Notes, and my FB ID is russell.cronin

Alternatively, if you cam provide an e-mail address, I can send a copy.

It would be great if someone on the ground in Bodh Gaya - I note you're in Bangalore - can persuade Hotel Laxmi to confirm what actually happened and/or shame the police into conducting an investigation.

Regards, Russell

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
976 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warning: Hotel Laxmi International

Dear Nino..

I am sorry to hear such bad incident happened with you. I am really sad to know the after incident hadd happened.

I will try to raise this and if the case can be reinvestigated.

Take care.

4. Re: Warning: Hotel Laxmi International

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 23:47
Get answers to your questions about Bodh Gaya