We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you drive to east Etosha from Windhoek in a day?

Paris, France
4 posts
Save Topic
Can you drive to east Etosha from Windhoek in a day?

Hi, I am planning a trip to Namibia and we are short of time. We would ideally go from Windhoek to Etosha East in a day in order to be able to take the rest of the trip in a more leisurely fashion. I have heard mixed reports on whether the drive is feasible in a day. some say 6 hours, others 7, others say it is not possible in an ordinary car. Would appreciate any tips, many thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Namibia
Namibia
Africa
Windhoek
Windhoek
Khomas Region, Namibia
Etosha National Park
Etosha National Park
Oshikoto Region, Namibia
Walvis Bay, Namibia
Level Contributor
40 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Can you drive to east Etosha from Windhoek in a day?

From Windhoek to Kamanjab is 540km, all tar road. From Kamabjab to the Eastern Etosha gate is a newly tarred road, about 100km - I have driven it last week - very little traffic. Then you do not have to drive from Okaukeujo westwards and back again. Remember you are only allowed to drive 60km per hour in the park.

Mentioned in this post
Windhoek
Windhoek
Khomas Region, Namibia
Etosha National Park
Etosha National Park
Oshikoto Region, Namibia
12. Re: Can you drive to east Etosha from Windhoek in a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Etosha National Park