We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Roadhouse in Kalamazoo

San Diego...
Level Contributor
291 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
The Roadhouse in Kalamazoo

The University Roadhouse lists its opening as 1989, but I distinctly remember the Roadhouse as a great drinks/dance hall in the late '70s. Is this the same place?

2 replies to this topic
Midland, MI
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Roadhouse in Kalamazoo

Hmmm I don't know. I'm a native townie, now living in Midland. Didn't frequent WMU locations then. Right now it is a great middle-of-the-road restaurant/bar. Menu has tons of variety, nice ambiance, works for multi-generations. It looks out on the field house. Has outdoor rooftop seating in the summer, I believe. No dancing now.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
291 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Roadhouse in Kalamazoo

Thanks jadamidland. It was one of our favorite haunts for our north-of-border trips from Ft. Wayne (drinking age in MI was 18, unlike 21 in IN). Grab girlfriend, hit I69, load trunk with beer at State Line, head to lakes/parks/Roadhouse etc. and head home with a 2-week beer supply! No worries, good times, great memories. I gave them a call, same owners, same joint, new building, simply moved twenty feet away from their previous location. Still good food, live music, etc. It's nice to see that some things never change! I miss the area and the people who live there (Grand Rapids, White Pigeon, Coldwater, etc.) - but not the winters! :-O

Edited: 04 November 2011, 21:14
Reply to: The Roadhouse in Kalamazoo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalamazoo