We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golfing for him/shopping for me

MI
Level Contributor
93 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
golfing for him/shopping for me

We are looking for a gof course near Kalamazoo for hubby and son who attends WMU and maybe an outlet mall for me? Is there such a thing in the area? It takes at least 4 hours to play a round of golf, so I would need an area to shop that would take that long!

Thank you for your time.

Nancy

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,719 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golfing for him/shopping for me

Will you have just one car? Two? Will you be dropping them off or vice versa?

MI
Level Contributor
93 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golfing for him/shopping for me

One car. I will be dropping them off. They can wait in the clubhouse if they finish before me!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,719 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: golfing for him/shopping for me

Ok a couple of ideas: If you stay in Kalamazoo you can drop them off a Milham GC, it's nothing special but I like it and its only about a mile from Crossroads mall.

However, if it were me I'd drop them at one of three very nice courses: Heritage Glen just east of Kalamazoo off from M43, or Hawkshead in South Haven or The Ravines in Saugatuck. You could then shop in South Haven and Saugatuck which I think most here would say offers excellent shopping and could easily keep you busy. Heritage Glen and Hawkshead would probably work best as logistically I'm not sure how you'd drop them at the Ravines and shop both towns. Anyway thats my idea.

Edited: 03 July 2011, 22:42
Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
1,276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: golfing for him/shopping for me

That is an excellent idea, Rono-that being your 2nd one. Definitely drop them off at whatever golf course they request (shows you how much I know about golf-LOL) and then do both SH and Saugatuck as Rono suggests. Lots of very nice, interesting and eclectic shops in both towns. And have a nice lunch, too. :)

5. Re: golfing for him/shopping for me

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2015, 23:45
Get answers to your questions about Kalamazoo