We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand haven restaurants

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Grand haven restaurants

My wife, 6 year old daughter, and I are going to Grand Haven for a week. We are interested in casual restaurants, potentially with a good view or outdoor eating. Can anyone recommend? Thank you.

6 replies to this topic
Niles, Michigan
Level Contributor
91 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand haven restaurants

Fricano's has the best pizza. No good view. Tip a Few Tavern has a large menu selection. You can search restaurants and narrow down by "view" and there are several listed that have a scenic/water view.

Grand Haven...
Destination Expert
for Grand Haven, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand haven restaurants

Everything in GH is casual, so don't worry about that aspect. Snug Harbor has a really nice - and popular - deck that is the best for people and boat watching. It's right on the boardwalk. The Kirby Grill is downtown and has a small, but nice, deck on their roof, overlooking the river. It's called K-2. Downtown are several restaurants that have outdoor seating, so you won't have to look far.

In center town JW's and the Morning Star Cafe. Neither have outdoor seating, but both are very popular and have good food as well.

On the east side of town is my favorite "ma and pa"restaurant, the Rainy Day Cafe. They have a few tables outside as well. On Washington in Eastown is Stanz Cafe. They only have a couple of outdoor tables, but the food is great.

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand haven restaurants

Thank you both so much!

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand haven restaurants

I have another question, I have heard about food trucks at the beach. Is there a schedule or a usual food truck location?

Grand Haven...
Destination Expert
for Grand Haven, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand haven restaurants

There is not a regular food truck location, nor have I heard about any at the beach. But we stay away from the crowds at the beach in the summer.

They Are having some this week during the Coast Guard festival, but last year the experience was quite underwhelming, so I'm not expecting much this year, either.

chicago
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand haven restaurants

There are food trucks at the beach but I'm not sure about their schedule.

Reply to: Grand haven restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grand Haven