We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drury Inn

Indiana
Level Contributor
156 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
drury Inn

We used to love the Drury Inn when we come to Frankenmuth. Every 3 years, but last time it was very expensive. I assume this was because of the evening hot dog /snacks. We will be arriving around 8 p.m. and am wondering if we can get a rate $100 or lower? Does anyone have an idea of through the week rates during off season(february-March)?

I may stop to check the price, but otherwise are considering Birch Run hotels Hampton, Holiday Inn, Country Inn, etc. All of which I am practically positive can be had for under $100 a night. If we are tired, we won't even try to get a good rate at Drury.

Last time I came in July and paid $125 per night, now I see the rate is $144 in March. Way too much for off season. Please tell me they have lowered the rates for off season.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: drury Inn

Not sure what dates you are looking at, but I am seeing rates mid week around $94.00 Highest priced room was $105.00 If you are looking for a weekend, I'm sure it will be more. March may not really be considered totally off season due to the fact that schools have "March Break" during March. With the strong Canadian dollar, I'm sure some of the rooms will be occupied by Canadian families on "March break". Hope you are able to find a good deal and enjoy Drury Inn.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
1,267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: drury Inn

You need to continue to check the website or call the hotel directly and tell them of your great experience with them on a previous visit and ask for any promotions and such that might be going on. And you can always ask for a lower rate-they may just give you one.

Indiana
Level Contributor
156 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: drury Inn

an update to my post. We arrived in town at 8:30 pm. Stopped at Drury Inn to inquire about the price. $130 for a Monday night March 12. I didn't ask or whine for a discount. Maybe I should have. I felt that since we missed the evening buffet, the rate offer should have reflected a discount. The hotel was at least half full, so maybe they didn't want anymore guests. Springhill suites down the block was much nicer--no evening snacks, but a great breakfast, quiet large suite style room, and only $89 a night. Next visit, I may stay at Birch Run Hampton or Holiday Inn Express for $75 a night. No deals in Frankenmuth, even off season.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
1,267 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: drury Inn

I am glad you got a nice room at Springhill for much less than the Drury Inn! Good for you. Yes, $130 a night in March for Drury Inn is way too much. I don't think that is a bad rate for Springhill at all, considering you get a large room with frig etc in it. And the location is nice, you can walk to everything instead of driving from Birch Run. Hampton Inn in BR is OK; not familiar with the HIE.

Tell us what you did in Frankenmuth!

Indiana
Level Contributor
156 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: drury Inn

Our visit to Frankenmuth was wonderful. We walked to all the little shops in town. Cheese Haus, Fudge stores, taffy, clothing, etc. had dinner at the Brewery which was excellent. We did not get to see the Titanic Exhibit at the museum, because we were there on Tuesday and Wednesday--it was closed. Next day went to Riverfront shops, they are such cute stores. The treble Clef was my favorite. Went to Satows for a soda. It was 70 degrees, sunny and beautiful out. Visited the leather store and Bavarian Inn gift shop. Took pictures of the river and covered bridge. Visited Bronners for our Christmas fix. it was such a delightful visit. Not crowded at all. We spent one full day at the outlet mall, saw about 25 of the 140 stores. For a short visit, we saw a lot. Can't wait to return.

Frankenmuth...
Level Contributor
8 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: drury Inn

Consider joining the Bavarian Inn perks club for only $10 and get a free chicken dinner in month of your b-day and a 2nd for spouse in theirs... Plus boat loads of rates under $100 even in summer. With 360 rooms, big hotels deal more than small ones.

7. Re: drury Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2015, 08:45
Get answers to your questions about Frankenmuth