We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Truro or North Truro cozy place where the take our 12lb dog?

Cambridge...
3 posts
Save Topic
Truro or North Truro cozy place where the take our 12lb dog?

We are a family of two adults and a 9 year old girl. Looking for a cottage on the beach that can accept out little dog. I can't seem to find the right place yet. Does anybody have a place that they will recommend? We can't afford more that 1,500 per week. We want it for the week of 6/30/12 to the 7/7/12.

7 replies to this topic
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,669 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Truro or North Truro cozy place where the take our 12lb dog?

Not sure if there are many cottages on the beach in Truro. You could take a look at www.weneedavacation.com Or click on holiday rentals at the top of the column to the left of this page.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,972 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Truro or North Truro cozy place where the take our 12lb dog?

Have you checked vrbo or weneedavacation.com? There are many small condo cottage communities in North Truro and some are offered on the rental market.

In general the area is pet-friendly, especially Provincetown, but many places have "no pet" policies.

I'm not sure what the cost of a cottage on the beach will be then--it's a busy weekend.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,669 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Truro or North Truro cozy place where the take our 12lb dog?

I've just taken a look at the holiday rentals at the top of the left hand column and there appears to be a few that will accept pets.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
858 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Truro or North Truro cozy place where the take our 12lb dog?

I have used VRBO in the past but I have also noticed that www.homeaway.com has a better search engine and you can put in your top price you want to pay per week plus you can tick a box for pet friendly accommodation. That should narrow it down almost instantly for you

Pete

Cambridge...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Truro or North Truro cozy place where the take our 12lb dog?

Thank you so much for all the replies. We decided to just rent something at the beach in Truro w/o the dog. We are sorry that we have to go this road. We are still waiting to hear from the place that we contacted last night.

gabriela

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,938 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Truro or North Truro cozy place where the take our 12lb dog?

If you will need to board your dog in a kennel then instead of selecting one at home there's a good one in Ptown. If you want to consider that plan then just say so and I'll dig up the name.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,146 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Truro or North Truro cozy place where the take our 12lb dog?

We've been renting the same cottage for 20 years and they don't accept pets. We just got our very first dog 2.5 years ago. When we are in N.Truro we board her at KC's Pet Resort on Shankpainter Road in p-town. We go and take her out ... sometimes for a long walk, sometimes for a short play in the Dog Park which is about 5 minutes from KC's.

Edited: 13 May 2012, 04:48
Reply to: Truro or North Truro cozy place where the take our 12lb dog?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Truro