We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HOw far is the ferry to Martha's Vineyard

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
594 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
HOw far is the ferry to Martha's Vineyard

HI

I am visiting the SO. Yarmouth in few weeks and staying at the Best Western Blue Rock Resort. Has anyone stayed there? and if so, how far is the ferry to Martha's Vineyard from the hotel? ANy information would be greatly appreciated.

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HOw far is the ferry to Martha's Vineyard

My husband and I spent two nights @ Blue Rock Golf Resort (and no, we're not golfers) in South Yarmouth over Memorial Day weekend. We stayed there because they had jacuzzi rooms (left the kids with grandparents) and didn't require a 3-night minimum over the holiday weekend.

Honestly, the facility was 'average', nothing special. We actually expected it to be nicer since, after all, it's under the Red Jacket 'umbrella'. The rooms were rather dated and in need of some tLC. They were clean and the housekeeping service was OK.

We were on the first floor (Im sure that's where all of the jacuzzi rooms must be). We had a sliding glass door that led to a small patio/balcony. Nothing special, not exactly thrilling.

In my opinion, this place is no different than any of the motels on Rte. 28 .....the ones that cost half the price.

We wouldn't go back.....

You're not far from Hyannis, where you getthe ferry to MV. Probably a 15 min drive. Very direct, you'll be there in no time.....

Naomi

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,283 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HOw far is the ferry to Martha's Vineyard

Hey Naomi, When you consider the trip is in high season don't you think they will be sitting at a dead stop quite a bit on Rt. 28 which they'll have to take? Then there's the parking situation and which place will be available. Since there is a definate deadline, like the ferry departure, don't you think really they should allow for a lot longer?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,283 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HOw far is the ferry to Martha's Vineyard

Also, Islands722, there is advice that mentions that if you haven't purchased advance tickets that it is wise to arrive an hour early in July/Aug. The ferry ride is only 1 1/2 hours but the drive over to Hyannis, parking and the line to buy tickets sound like they could exceed that. All will be well if you just plan for it all.

www.hy-linecruises.com and 508-778-2600.

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
594 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HOw far is the ferry to Martha's Vineyard

CapeCodCharlie

Thanks for your info. I am ahead of the game, I booked my 2 tickets last night for the High Speed Ferry for the 7:00 time slot. I did some reading and did not want to take a chance on not getting a spot on the ferry. We will leave a bit earlier than usual just in case of traffic and lines..

Have you ever been to the Best Western BLue Rock Resort? If so, whats your opinion? Thanks again!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,283 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HOw far is the ferry to Martha's Vineyard

Glad to hear you are all set for the ferry. Sorry but I have no experience with accommodations in Yarmouth. Hope you'll selection will exceed your expectations. Have fun.

Get answers to your questions about South Yarmouth