We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

men's haircut

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,440 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
men's haircut

Is there any place in P-town or Truro where my teen can get a "fade" cut?

Thanks,

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: men's haircut

There a few hair cutting places in town. One across from Bayside Betsy's adjacent to the massage place. There is also another one down towards the west end past boat slip but before the general store

Connecticut
Level Contributor
223 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: men's haircut

The place near Bayside Betsy's/Marc Jacobs is actually really good. The West End Salon & Spa, down by the Boatslip, is sometimes a bit gimmicky & overpriced. If Monument Barbershop on Bradford St is still open, I suggest going there. It's likely the best priced and the least "attitude"-y, to coin a word.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,440 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: men's haircut

Well ... this is odd, but we did an internet search for "Barber Provincetown" and on a site dedicated to hair salons "Essentials" popped up. I KNEW the name sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. We called and asked about a haircut and the person on the phone said "Um ... no we can't do a fade, we're a convenience store!" (Ahhh ... light dawns, it' s right next door to my favorite costume jewelry store -- Sparks!)

But ... in typical provincetown fashion, the person on the phone had a recommendation for us: SNIPS at 182 Commercial, near Bubala's. So we took the recommendation and they did a great job, but he paid almost TRIPLE what he pays at home, which of course means a bigger tip ... but it was a good experience, this kid needs to step out of his comfort zone from time to time, so I think if it as paying to broaden his horizons rather than JUST a haircut --- lol!!!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,440 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: men's haircut

I'm so sorry ... I forgot to say THANK YOU Elementzz and velocityboy!

Edited: 25 August 2011, 17:46
boston, ma
Level Contributor
987 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: men's haircut

Also try contacting Salon 54 on Bradford at Shankpainter, Waves on Shankpainter, and Hair by the Sea on Ryder St. Ext. One of them is likely to be able to do the cut. I've used all of them and they're all good. Hair by the Sea is the most convenient being downtown near town hall. All are basic, not gimmicky, and frequented by locals.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: men's haircut

LOL - I got a laugh about Essentials. Yes, they are not a salon but a small convenience store. They are one of the only convenience stores in town open late if you need to get something.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
223 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: men's haircut

You're, as always, more than welcome!

Provincetown...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: men's haircut

There is also Monument barbershop in the west end next to the general store.

9. Re: men's haircut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2013, 15:49
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown