We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easter in provincetown

new jersey
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
easter in provincetown

We are arriving in Provincetown on Good Friday without any reservations. We would like to stay either in North Truro or Provincetown. Would like to view the beach. What is opened? Is Crows Nest open yet? Also for Easter, will many restaurants be open? How about the Lobster Pot? Any help from anyone be helpful. We are a party of 2.

Special Offer
Go Boston Card
138 Reviews
from US$ 57.00*
US$ 60.00
Cape Cod Fast Ferry
52 Reviews
from US$ 61.00*
Jeremy Point Jaunt from Wellfleet...
4 Reviews
from US$ 45.00*
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
1. Re: easter in provincetown

Hi,

A few suggestions for ya

Hotel: www.crownepointe.com

Dining: www.clemandursies.com

www.mews.com

www.ciroandsals.com

Lobster Pot opens first week of April so that's out. I'm not sure whether the Crows Nest is open. My parents stayed at Crowne Point and loved it.

I hope this helps you out, enjoy

Cape Cod, MA
Level Contributor
132 posts
83 reviews
2. Re: easter in provincetown

Most restaurants aren't open yet... Don't think you'll have a problem with accommodations, though. More than a few guest houses to pick from. For dining: the Mews (excellent, upscale, expensive) or Fanizzi's (more mid-priced). Both are on the water with great views and friendly ambiance.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,407 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: easter in provincetown

Provincetown is still pretty sleepy at this time of year. Not much open...even on weekends. Your best bet is to call around ahead of time as many innkeepers are on a reduced schedule and may not be available when you arrive. If you should decide to stay closer to Orleans, the "year-round" town on the outer cape, get back to me and I can give you lots of suggestions for fine dining, lodging and things to do.

new jersey
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: easter in provincetown

How far is Orleans from Provincetown? Looking for a place to dine for Easter, seafood is our choice? Is Orleans on the water? Suggestions for motels/hotels?

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: easter in provincetown

You might check this out. It's from another thread on this forum:

www.provincetowntourismoffice.org

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,386 posts
168 reviews
6. Re: easter in provincetown

Hi, Orleans is about 25-30 miles from P-Town, easy for a day trip, back and forth. We were in Provincetown over Christmas week, and even tho much was closed down, there were still restaurants, shops and galleries open.

Live_From_Ptown
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: easter in provincetown

For a list of open restaurants you may want to check out www.celebrateprovincetown.com.

MEWS is always excellent, my niece was in town and loved Fanizzi's. Bistro at Crowne Pointe is wonderful, but a little on the expensive side.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,407 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: easter in provincetown

Bookseller, the thing about the cape is that every town is on the water! So yes, Orleans is on the water....but most of the lodging is not on the water. Let's see, Orleans Inn is on town cove, but it is also on the busy section of Rt. 6A+28 near the rotary but it does have a full service restaurant downstairs. Call them to see if they have availability.

The only other lodging near Orleans with ocean views that I know of, and can highly recommend, is the Fort Hill Bed and Breakfast about a mile from the rotary in Eastham overlooking Nauset Marsh and the Atlantic. I'm not sure if they have availability for this weekend. You should check out their web site for a telephone # and give them a call. You won't find any other lodging on the ocean side of the outer cape because the National Seashore has protected the land from development. Fort Hill is the only lodging in the Park that I know of.

As for dining, here are a few places to check out...I'm not sure which ones are open over the weekend but they are all year-round places so I assume they are all open.

Captain Linnell House-Orleans

Brewster Fish House-Brewster

Joe's at the Barley Neck Inn- E. Orleans

Mahoney's Atlantic Grill- Orleans

Beacon- Orleans

Wicked Oyster-Wellfleet

Land 'Ho- Orleans

Nauset Beach Club- Orleans

Abba- Orleans

Jailhouse-Orleans

Sir Crickets-Orleans (great fish and chips for take-out)

Finely JPs- Wellfleet

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: easter in provincetown

bookseller: Where'd you end up? Gorgeous, sunny, windy Easter weekend up here!

For the future: A nice option with water views: The Cove Motel and Resort in Orleans.

10. Re: easter in provincetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 17:50
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown
Recent Conversations