We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marthas vineyard ferry labor day weekend

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
marthas vineyard ferry labor day weekend

i'll be driving to the woods hole ferry, this friday of labor day weekend and staying until sunday.

Does anyone have any advice on where to park? the website is a bit confusing- not sure if you need a yearly parking pass to use the lots, and also do you need to buy your ferry tickets in advance? time's i've gone before i've bought them right before boarding, not sure if holiday weekends are run differently. thanks for the help!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marthas vineyard ferry labor day weekend

Hi, you do not need a yearly pass to use the lots. As you are approaching Woods Hole from rt. 28 (the only way in) you will see flashing signs which will direct you to the parking, usually it is the Palmer Ave. lot. You park there & take a shuttle bus down to the ferry, allow yourself about at least a 1/2 hour (it only takes about 10-15 minutes on the bus depending on traffic, but give yourself the time) You can actually buy the tickets at Palmer Ave, they have a self-service kiosk there, if not, you can get them at the dock.

Also, try to get to Woods Hole early in the day if possible, traffic can be really tough on LD weekend.

Edited: 29 August 2011, 23:53
New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: marthas vineyard ferry labor day weekend

thank you so much - will do just that!

Edited: 30 August 2011, 00:04
3. Re: marthas vineyard ferry labor day weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 14:48
Get answers to your questions about Oak Bluffs