We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oak Bluffs safety

Montclair, NJ
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oak Bluffs safety

I am staying in Oak Bluffs in August for 6 days with a bunch of 13 year old boys. Is it safe for them to hang out on Circuit Ave at night until 10/10:30pm?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Oak Bluffs safety

One word answer - Yes.

Martha's Vineyard...
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oak Bluffs safety

Yes, but not much later.

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
887 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oak Bluffs safety

Hold to that curfew and they'll be fine. Between the arcade, back door donuts, hanging in Post Office square, Ocean Park or down by Gios, they'll have a great time.

Berkshires
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Oak Bluffs safety

Circuit Ave. is a 13 yr. old boy's dream. I am one of the lucky ones who got to live that dream in the 70's. All fond memories, from being a ring boy at the Flying Horses, to candy from Hilliards, movies in town (think Jaws) to lots and lots of 13 yr. old girls. Agree with other posters though, set and enforce a curfew for peace of mind.

oak bluffs
Level Contributor
5 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oak Bluffs safety

I live in Oak Bluffs and yes, the kids wil be fine unsupervised in town until about 10 or so, after that, the bar scene takes over a bit. Have them stick together and they will have a blast!!

Boston
Level Contributor
94 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oak Bluffs safety

I just returned from a one week trip with young teens and they were allowed to stay out until 11pm. They had a ball at the arcade and eating icecream by the pier. We walked down near 10pm the first couple of nights and let them know where we were to make sure they could be trusted. It is a very safe and friendly place. Enjoy your trip!

ps...we took them fishing on the Skipper and they loved it.

7. Re: Oak Bluffs safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2011, 10:54
Get answers to your questions about Oak Bluffs
Recent Conversations