We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bakery in W. Harwich

Chester Springs...
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bakery in W. Harwich

My son will be having his first birthday in W. Harwich! Can anyone recommend a bakery to get a cake for the big celebration? Thank you!

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bakery in W. Harwich

Try Marion's Pie Shop (down the road, Rte 28 in Chatham).

www.marionspieshopofchatham.com/home.nxg

Naomi :-)

PS- Happy 1st Birthday to your son :-)

Chester Springs...
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bakery in W. Harwich

Perry sends you a big thank you Naomi!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bakery in W. Harwich

Custom cakes are a recent addition to Marion's repertoire; I've not ordered one but I think it's safe to assume that it would delicious. But here's an alternative: the bakery at the sprawling Stop & Shop at the intersection of Rt. 39 (a/k/a Orleans Rd.) and Rt. 137 in Harwich.

Will it be THE best cake you've ever tasted? Nope, but I think it will be fine for a first birthday (unless your family members are relentless foodies); they'll decorate it to a fare-thee-well if you like; in adddition to the usual frostings, they offer a real whipped cream option for just another $2-3 -- which I would recommend because it's lighter & less sweet; if ordering a layer cake, you can choose a pudding or fruit filling different than the exterior frosting; and the prices are great.

Click on the Easy Entertaining tab at the top of the home page & then Custom Cakes for the full menu. I think they ask that you put in an order for a custom cake 48 hours beforehand; you can order online for pick-up at the store. Or you could simply swing by the store if you don't need a big sheet cake or want fancy fillings/icings; they typically have "blank" cakes on hand that they will decorate for you on the spot. And, of course, you'll find ballons, candles, paper goods, and other birthday party makings right there in the aisles.

http://www.stopandshop.com

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bakery in W. Harwich

is Wolfie's gone ?

Chill,

K

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bakery in W. Harwich

CockleCove, the house we rented was right down the road from that S & S

<sniff> I wanna go back!!!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
528 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bakery in W. Harwich

Years ago I ordered a nice cake from Bonatts (Rt. 28, Harwichport) for my nephew. There is also an italian bakery on Rt. 28 Buckie's or Bucky's (Dennisport which is right next to W. Harwich) that may make cakes. I have to agree that Stop and Shop or Shaw's cakes are probably fine for a 1 year old and less expensive.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bakery in W. Harwich

Hi Keyster

As has been the routine for the last several years the building that Woolfies is in has a FOR SALE sign on it.....but it seems to re-open every summer but the time frame it is open seems to shrink annually.

I did not go in once last year so I cant tell you if the same owners but it was there and opened last year. Maybe someone in the know might be able to clarify it for you as they do have great breakfast items and homemade breads.

A bakery called Buckies is on Rt28 their orignal location is still on 6 I believe. They have nice items but I dont think they sell cakes. More like biscottis, individual pastries, cookies and sandwiches and coffee . Enjoy!!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bakery in W. Harwich

Hi

I was just in Dennis last week and went into Harney's Plaza ( the Harney market) and inside there are a few stores including a Montillio's Bakery and they did have birthday cakes on hand in the case

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bakery in W. Harwich

Hi

I was just in Dennis last week and went into Harney's Plaza ( the Harney market) and inside there are a few stores including a Montillio's Bakery and they did have birthday cakes on hand in the case

10. Re: Bakery in W. Harwich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 12:48
Get answers to your questions about Harwich