We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adults only in Falmouth end of March

massachusetts
Level Contributor
943 posts
11 reviews
Adults only in Falmouth end of March

Does anyone have any suggestions for active couple in their forties as far as activites, restaurants etc. In the Falmouth area? We'll get there late Saturday afternoon and will probably leave Monday ,late afternoon. We're willing to drive as we understand late March is off season. Thanks in advance.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,797 posts
1 review
1. Re: Adults only in Falmouth end of March

In March, the few places open are likely to be adults only anyway.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,951 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Adults only in Falmouth end of March

One of the very best visitor's centers on the Cape is in Falmouth. Nose around on the website and it is often fun (and quicker) to have a live chat to learn which of your interests matches up with some of their fun.

For me I would want to ride on the new, lengthened Shining Sea bike path (and stop to take a look at the mosaic mural that fellow poster Mainstreetman was involved with) on into Woods Hole for lunch, a visit with the seals at the free aquarium (bring your driver's license with you) and maybe drop into one of the tourist shops before riding back. I would also do my best to join a walk/talk sponsored by the Historical Society or see what else they are offering and do an inside visit of one of the pre-revolutionary war homes on the village green. If the weather was nice I would pop over to Martha's Vineyard on the ferry for lunch and the afternoon as well. And I would certainly spend at least a day in Sandwich again walking the long boardwalk over the marsh and enjoying all that this oldest Cape town has to offer. BUT that's just me and you may have other interests to pursue. Have fun.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,951 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Adults only in Falmouth end of March

Also, the weather here in Chicago has been sunny and in the 40s going up to 65 in a few days. If you are blessed with that type of weather for your Cape visit you can do these outdoor activities that I have mentioned if they appeal to you. I must have cabin fever after all the snow we had last month and that is reflected in my comments. But again I direct you to the visitor's center for other activities. BTW, the address is Academy Lane but that is not hard to find since it is just a walkway right off Falmouth's Main St.....or a phone call away.

massachusetts
Level Contributor
943 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Adults only in Falmouth end of March

Thank you. I believe the bike trail runs right behind our hotel ( Inn on the Square) that sounds great , as does the boardwalk in Sandwich. How would we get to that???

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,407 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Adults only in Falmouth end of March

Relax, your innkeeper has all the details of how, what and where. The only things you might consider planning in advance are weekend reservations for dining. If you e-mail your innkeeper with best restaurant questions, activities, etc, you should receive a wealth of information that is specific for the area you will be exploring.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,951 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Adults only in Falmouth end of March

There is also much to check out in Sandwich. We like to access the boardwalk off Factory Rd (as in glass factory when there was one) but the easiest way to tell you how to get there is to drive to the beach end of it and park in the Town Beach lot and stroll inland. Also we like Dunbar's Tea Room for lunch right in town since they have great food and serve lunch til about 4PM every day but Monday and will be open while you are there. Again, just telling you what appeals to us. http://www.dunbartea.com/index.htm

And here is some historic info on the boardwalk along with directions but do watch for Factory Rd.even though it is not mentioned here. sandwichvacation.com/sandwich-vacation/…

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
7. Re: Adults only in Falmouth end of March

I have done the bike path in falmouth and it is ncie. Breakfast at Woods Hole is perfect.

If you visit Sandwich then a walk along the canal is a must. It takes less than 10 minutes along the canal, for me to forget all my worries.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
8. Re: Adults only in Falmouth end of March

I will also second Dunbar's Tea Room. It has a great reputation which is making its way far over the bridges.

9. Re: Adults only in Falmouth end of March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 21:46