We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rental near Old Silver Beach?

boston
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vacation rental near Old Silver Beach?

Does anyone know the best way to find a vacation rental in Falmouth near Old Silver? There are so many websites out there just trying to narrow it down to a few that people have found reliable, or a local rental agency. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cape Cod, MA
Old Silver Beach
Old Silver Beach
295 Reviews
Falmouth, MA
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rental near Old Silver Beach?

Donahue Real Estate is the #1 vacation rental agency in Falmouth.

http://www.falmouthhomes.com/

Mentioned in this post
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cape Cod, MA
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rental near Old Silver Beach?

Love that big summer home that sleeps 23 Will. It's right on Grand with terrific views and rents out for weddings in the shoulder season even suggesting a tent wedding on the lawn. We should try to remember this one when the requests come in for wedding venues.

Did you know that folks outside the Northeast think of MV when the Cape is mentioned? Therefore some may really want to get their feet in MV sand and a location in Falmouth makes that a really easy and quick proprosition.

Mentioned in this post
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cape Cod, MA
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rental near Old Silver Beach?

I didn't see that one, CCC. I was checking out the "House of the Week" for $19K per week. Can't say I was all that impressed with it at that price.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation rental near Old Silver Beach?

Oh, so you are not rushing to book it? lol

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation rental near Old Silver Beach?

I would if they took a zero off the end of the price, lol.

Edited: 27 January 2011, 07:27
Falmouth...
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation rental near Old Silver Beach?

Thanks CCC for the recommendation! You are right Will007, that house for $19k is not typical. Our owners set the price, not us, and the proof is in the pudding so to speak, as the house is completely wide open for the season, while our homes that are priced correctly are getting very full.

If you happen to still be looking for a rental we are here to help!

new hampshire
Level Contributor
61 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation rental near Old Silver Beach?

HI, there. I am looking for info about rentals for my son's wedding. They want a beach wedding at the Cape; perhaps a facility (house) for them and the bridal party and also a place that will allow them to have a clambake reception. They are thinking of next August (the bride is a school teacher, so the fall is out) or perhaps the following April (again, teacher, so third or fourth week in April). Ahead of time, thank you for any input you may have!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation rental near Old Silver Beach?

While weather is rather unpredictable I think choosing early August would be better than the end of August (Irene this summer and Earl the last) and better than usually rainy April. There are plenty of wedding resources for the Cape, it's just a matter of looking through them all. Cape Cod Life magazine devotes an entire issue to weddings once a year for example. Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
new hampshire
Level Contributor
61 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vacation rental near Old Silver Beach?

Thanks for the info. I've not heard of that magazine, but I'll check it out. Anyone else out there with personal experiences in this area? Thanks all!

10. Re: Vacation rental near Old Silver Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2012, 02:47