We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour of the island

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
tour of the island

MV Transport & Tours is $80/hr. Any other good tours anyone can recommend? And other than the yellow school bus.

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
967 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour of the island

I don't know of any other options.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour of the island

You could always just take the local bus from Oak Bluffs to Edgartown if that's where you really want to go. Or even a taxi. That, and a browse around O.B. may be enough.

6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tour of the island

Taxis are a great option for tours. Usually starting at $75/hr. Cabbies know the island very well and can personalize the tour much better than a bus.

SZ
Covington, KY
Level Contributor
204 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tour of the island

The local buses can get you all around the island easily. It is only about a 15 minute ride between Oak Bluffs and Edgartown and between Oak Bluffs and Vineyard Haven. The buses can also bring you to the cliffs and lighthouse at Aquinnah and to the port and beach at Menemshah. The drivers are used to tourists and most are very patient and helpful about giving information, e.g. where to switch buses, if necessary. The cost is $7.00 for a day pass and only $3.50 for those over 65.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
52 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tour of the island

A group of 7 of us took this tour on 9/26. They are very good.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,378 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tour of the island

Which tour, Ken? Can you say a bit more about it as it might be helpful for other folks? Thanks!

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
52 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tour of the island

Oops - sorry, The tour we took was Martha's Vineyard Transport and Tours. I posted a review under their heading. Should show up in a day or two. Essentially, it states that the tour company is very good and reasonable. The down side is that MV isn't as interesting as I expected. The 6 gals that went with me might have a different perspective of the island's scenery.

8. Re: tour of the island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 02:45
Get answers to your questions about Edgartown