We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with 3 little kids if it rains during our stay...

Birmingham, Michigan
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
What to do with 3 little kids if it rains during our stay...

My family and I (wife, 3 little kids) are visiting Edgartown over labor day weekend... we have never been there... I have been told that it rains all the time in MV ... what is there to do with three little kids if our weekend holiday gets 'washed away'... I just would like to plan ahead, so that the gang does not get stir crazy should the rains come in ... also, does it rain 'all the time' in MV? Please enlighten me... thank you.....

nj
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
8 reviews
31. Re: What to do with 3 little kids if it rains during our stay...

mv has a rainy season??? that's news to me...

honestly, as others have said...stop stressing about the weather. for many years, we went for labor day weekend and i don't remember any trip being ruined by rain.

you are going to a wonderful, special island....rain or shine, you will love it.

you have been given a lot of great suggestions.......just enjoy...

Edited: 23 August 2012, 18:09
Birmingham, Michigan
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
32. Re: What to do with 3 little kids if it rains during our stay...

We are back from Martha's Vineyard.

It did not rain - even for a second!

Wow -- what a nice place!

A perfect place for a honeymoon - and indeed, a very nice place to vacation with a young family.

Many thanks to you all (my trip advisor friends) for your nice comments to ease my worries about rain -- indeed, if it rained, the trip may have been much less nice than it was.

Again, much appreciation.

Martha's Vineyard and Edgartown -- highly recommended ....

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,381 posts
168 reviews
33. Re: What to do with 3 little kids if it rains during our stay...

Glad it worked out for you Ted, say "hey" to the b-i-l!

Boston...
Level Contributor
8,155 posts
34. Re: What to do with 3 little kids if it rains during our stay...

Thanks for reporting back.

nj
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
8 reviews
35. Re: What to do with 3 little kids if it rains during our stay...

glad to hear you had a great time (though i never doubted you would, even for a moment)!

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
967 posts
188 reviews
36. Re: What to do with 3 little kids if it rains during our stay...

So nice to have you report back to us that your trip was a success! Most of the time, we're left wondering. The weather here this past weekend was perfect and I'm pleased to know you had an enjoyable vacation with your family.

37. Re: What to do with 3 little kids if it rains during our stay...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 20:45
Get answers to your questions about Edgartown