We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

Connecticut
11 posts
Save Topic
Parking

Hello,

Is there a parking lot for Nauset Light Beach? And if so, how big is it?

Thanks in advance

Karen

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking

Yes there is a good size lot at Nauset Lighthouse Beach. Still, if you want to be assured of a place, go early during August. It often fills up before 10 am

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,133 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking

I'm confused. Does the OP refer to the beach just north of Coast Guard by the lighthouse? That one may not be considered small but not large right? However the one for Nauset Beach (where Liam's is located) I would consider to be a large beach lot.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking

Since the post was tagged as Eastham I assumed that it was Nauset Lighthouse beach that was in question....the National Seashore beach that is north of Coast Guard Beach. I would not say that the lot is big (That 's one of the reasons's the Seashore beaches don't ever get so crowded that you can't find a little secluded spot if you are willing to walk a ways down the beach.) but then again, it's not exactly a small lot. The lot fills quickly in the summer, partly because some of the parking places are reserved for Eastham residents only. (After all, Eastham gave both of its ocean beaches to the feds back in 1060 so the residents need some small assurance that they can go to their own beach!)

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking

1060 was a obviously a typo...the cape was under a sheet of ice in 1060!!! I meant 1960 which was when the National Seashore Park was created.

Connecticut
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking

Thanks for the input. I have 2 other small related questions:

1) From what time do they charge to park at Nauset Light Beach? &

2) There is a lighthouse tour there one night from 4:30 to 7:30 so will they charge you to park then? OK 1 more

3) Can you go to the beach, leave and come back the same day without having to pay again?

Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,133 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking

Okay, I'll take your #3 question. For all of the National Seashore beaches you need pay just once per day. Keep your receipt and you'll be able to sample their other beaches for no additional parking charge on the same day.

I think I know the other two answers but I will defer to Yellowbird or others who know for certain.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking

I believe they charge for parking from about 8:30 am-5:00 pm but, if the parking lot is not too busy, my experience has been that they start letting people park for free before 5. Why don't you call the Salt Pond Visitor's Center and see what they say? 508-255-3421

Edited: 19 August 2010, 01:05
8. Re: Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2011, 12:49
Get answers to your questions about Eastham
More Eastham Topics