We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UBER X Braintree to Logan Airport

belfast
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
UBER X Braintree to Logan Airport

Hi guys hopefully someone can help I'm thinking about using UBER X service from Washington street Braintree to Logan airport on Thursday 8th of September for an early fight down to Fort Lauderdale now i have been reading the website and i believe uber x is a sharing car/ taxi cab with more than one person traveling to the designation now my question is it's $23 for my pick up in Braintree to the airport but if I'm the only one traveling will i get charged the price of 4 people traveling if it is only myself? Or should i just go with the Logan Express?

I'd be very grateful for any information.

11 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,290 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UBER X Braintree to Logan Airport

No, you'll just be charged the $23.

Depending on how early your flight is, I'd consider taking the Red Line of the T, since you're right there.

belfast
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: UBER X Braintree to Logan Airport

Ok cheers I'm flight is at 8.05am so i might just go with UBER X as there will not be much difference in the price as I'd need to get a taxi from Washington street to Southshaw plaza to pick up the Logan Express $12 oneway.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,701 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UBER X Braintree to Logan Airport

I've never used uber so I don't know if they're dependable. I'd use the Logan Express. Or, you can hop on the red line (www.mbta.com) as Diva said. That would only cost $2.65.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,290 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UBER X Braintree to Logan Airport

You're flight is at 8:05, so you'll want to be at the airport between 6:30-7am. That is the height of rush hour traffic and you'll be right in the middle of it going from Braintree to the airport. You'll be able to take the HOV lane, but I would still expect a long ride. I don't know if Uber charges more for sitting in traffic or not, but I would expect they do. Logan Express or the T might very well be a better option.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,889 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: UBER X Braintree to Logan Airport

Sorry, but Logan Express would have to deal with the same traffic, although they can use the Hi-Occupancy Lane.

6. Re: UBER X Braintree to Logan Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2016, 03:58

Boston...
Level Contributor
70 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UBER X Braintree to Logan Airport

Uber X is not ride sharing with another person - that is UberPool. They just recently changed the app so that when you request, you be given the option of riding solo (UberX) or ride sharing (UberPool). I use Uber often in Boston (was part of an UberPool today in fact!) and I do not recommend using UberPool when you need to get somewhere on time, such as the airport. I do recommend Uber over a taxi.

Is Uber not in Belfast yet? I'm surprised, I was just in the UK and they are in Manchester and Liverpool, so I was thinking they had hit all the major cities in Europe! Well if it your first time using it, you can try to get a referral code from someone so your first ride would be nearly free.

belfast
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: UBER X Braintree to Logan Airport

Apologises for posting on both the Braintree & Quincy form as i will be staying with family in both towns so i just wanted to cover both angles to see which would suit me best getting to the airport on time. I think my best bet will getting the Logan Express from south shore plaza the buses go every half an hour? If you guys are telling me the rush hour traffic is going to be crazy for an 8.05am flight I'd be as well getting the bus at 5.30 /6am .

Cheers again for all the information

Edited: 06 May 2016, 14:39
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,889 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: UBER X Braintree to Logan Airport

For an International Flight at 8:05 AM, a 5:30 or 6 AM Bus may arrive too late. Don't forget they stop at all terminals and the last one will be the International Terminal (E).

Edited: 06 May 2016, 16:13
belfast
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: UBER X Braintree to Logan Airport

Hi cheers it's a JetBlue flight down to Fort Lauderdale on Thursday 8th September i'll probably get the 5am bus just to be on the safe side.

Edited: 06 May 2016, 18:00
Reply to: UBER X Braintree to Logan Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Braintree