We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relocation in August

Newport News...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Relocation in August

I am moving to Boston area in August and would like a good extended stay within walking distance of shipping. Will consider suburbs as well.

7 replies to this topic
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,806 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relocation in August

By extended stay, do you mean you want something furnished? Do you have a budget in mind? How many bedrooms?

What kind of shopping? Groceries? High end clothing? Second hand furniture? Bagel bakery?

Edited: 24 May 2015, 02:12
Newport News...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relocation in August

furnished with kitchenette for less than 125 per night. Grocery and home goods for shopping (I like to cook).

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,806 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Relocation in August

You posted in the Braintree Forum. Does that mean you need to be located South of the City? Are you working somewhere? Will you have a car?

I am not really familiar with places,south of Boston but not far from the airport, the Suburban Extended Stay in Winthrop MA might meet your needs. Also in Winthrop, is the Inn at Crystal Cove. I think that might be a shared kitchen.

Edited: 24 May 2015, 03:37
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Relocation in August

Boston hotel prices are generally relatively high. Under $125 per night for a suite with kitchenette is too low. Instead of a hotel, look at AirBnb.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,806 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Relocation in August

Extended Stay Winthrop is closed for renovations .... sorry for the poor advice. And. .... looks like most August dates for Crystal Cove, the rat is about $165

Cohasset...
Level Contributor
278 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Relocation in August

How long do you think you will need an extended stay? Have you checked with apartment complexes? Some of them have monthly furnished rentals

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
3,739 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Relocation in August

You don't say where you need to be in the Boston area. It is impossible to make a recommendation.

Reply to: Relocation in August
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Braintree