We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

super walmart

akron, oh
Level Contributor
56 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
super walmart

since new walmart has been open a few months now does anyone have an opinion if prices are better there than the other large stores like food lion? it would be about a 10 mile drive there from the condo on 76th street. is it the best option? thanks for any advice you have...

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: super walmart

I never thought I would ever write this but......the Super Walmart is incredible. I have been to maybe one other WalMart in my life and I do all my best to avoid them at all cost. To me, the products, people and everything that is WalMart has always made me ill just thinking about them.

My wife needed something while we were in west OC so I reluctantly agreed to go into WalMart with her. I was shocked at the cleanliness, freshness and quality of product and price. We ended up buying stuff that we didn't even need because of the price and freshness. Their bakery alone is worth the visit.

As for the people of WalMart???? well they still scare me ....but baby steps!!

Seriously, I would make the trip if you need a bunch of groceries.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: super walmart

110% agree with Dude2360, never thought I write a recommendation for - of all places -- the Walmart.

As a resident of West OC, I'm pretty limited for grocery shopping, i.e. Food Lion or Super Fresh (not a fan). However, for meats, I do travel to Super Giant in either Millville or Salisbury.

The new Super Walmart has fresher produce, with better dates on the lettuce. The dairy dept. has a wide variety too. All in all, 98% of the products are cheaper than Food Lion. The F.L. is only 3 mins from my house, Walmart 5, so if its only 1 or 2 items, I'll slip into F.L., but for grocery shopping - the Walmart.

Dude, as for the scary people in Walmart, the store is open 24/7, so I save myself the hassle and go at 6:30 or 7 a.m. - have the whole store to myself (except for the help).

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: super walmart

ocpony...I was being a little facetious about the people....a little. I presume that everyone has gotten at least one "people of Walmart" email!!

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: super walmart

hehehe, yep Dude, I've rec'd at least 3 different emails. (I was being a little facetious too :&))

NJ
Level Contributor
481 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: super walmart

Where exactly IS the Super Walmart? We stay on 99th Street & Coastal Highway (with a convenient SuperFresh across the street) -- but would like to try it.

Thanks!

NJ
Level Contributor
481 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: super walmart

My bad. I think I read it's in the same site as the old (regular) Walmart on Rt. 50? Pretty far for us, so I'll probably pass. We take Rt. 1 into OC.

terrapin05
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: super walmart

In my experience their prices are just as cheap or cheaper for boxed/canned things, and dairy cheese yogurt, etc., but their meats aren't as cheap. Then again in OC grocery stores like Super Fresh and FL are probably a little more expensive than a regular neighborhood store, so it's probably a wash. I always pay a little more and go to smaller markets/groceries for deli, bread, ice cream, etc. when on vacation. I like the store up by Montego Bay and 64th Street, and Minit Market.

Ashburn, Virginia...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: super walmart

Have they got the parking lots open or at least somewhat convenient? We were there in early May and parking was impossible. You had to take a shuttle from the parking to the store. Needless to say, we didn't stop.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: super walmart

Lots are completely open. Tore down the old store and built the new parking lot.

Binghamton, NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: super walmart

Well I guess I'm heading here to then....We are coming on Saturday the 11th. I know its on OCean gateway correct, so we will have to go over the 50 rt bridge do you think we will get killed in traffic trying to come back?