We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

66th st. or 51st. st -best? Quick response please!

Babylon, New York
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
66th st. or 51st. st -best? Quick response please!

We (two couples) are coming for a week June 30-July 7. Both codos are in smaller buildings (yay!) and one condo is on the top floor ($200 more). Both have all amenities and both are oceanfront.

Which should we choose, based on location?

Thanks for your quick response - gotta get this done!

PA
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 66th st. or 51st. st -best? Quick response please!

Not sure if this would make a difference to you, but Seacrets is only 2 blocks from 51st street.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 66th st. or 51st. st -best? Quick response please!

I've always been a fan of the southern tip of OC, so I'd pick 51st. Add that Seacrets is the kind of place you want to experience at least once in your life (for me once was enough!), it's contrived but very cool anyway. I think the best restaurants are at the southern tip just over the bridge (Shark, and the ones in that area). But most of all, you'll be 15 blocks closer to the Boardwalk, which is the highlight of an OC trip to me and many people I know who have been going there all their lives. The best part of the Boardwalk is down around 1st Street and below, to the Inlet. Personally, I've tried some of the higher-rated TA restaurants up at the northern end of OC and I've never had a memorable meal.

New York
Level Contributor
625 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 66th st. or 51st. st -best? Quick response please!

I honestly don't think the difference in the locations you might pick from will have any real impact on your visit.

You will be located in the middle of OC which makes travel in either direction possible.

Seacrets is a popular destination for visitors but no longer on my to do list when in OC.

As far as places to eat, you will have many options whatever area you stay in or you can travel to wherever you wish to visit.

And finally, for many OC is the Boardwalk. For many a trip to OC without being on or near the Boardwalk is not worth the trip. I am not in that group.

I have traveled to OC for more than 30 years. Not once have I stayed on the Boardwalk or near the Boardwalk. I might visit the Boardwalk during my stay but having a room elsewhere does not or has not allowed me to enjoy my visits. Food like most everything else is in the eye of the person eating it.

Pizza, fast food, basic fare to fine dining you can find whatever you desrie all around town. OC continues from the northern end of the Boardwalk at 26th street up to 144th street at the Deleware state line.

There is in fact plenty to do and see and eat in these areas all depends on what your preferences is.

My suggestion pick one, relax and enjoy your trip. Being anywhere in OC is a good thing.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 66th st. or 51st. st -best? Quick response please!

For me, the deciding factor is having the top floor. I ALWAYS go for top floor when it's available. Much more private and quiet. Plus......better views.

As for location, either one is good. We always stay around 77th St. and like the atmosphere there, but either place is good.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 66th st. or 51st. st -best? Quick response please!

Can't go wrong either place. 51st street closer to Seacrets and Mackeys. 66th street closer to Fagers and Dead Freddies. To be honest you can walk to all 4 from either spot. Beach is the same in both spots. I would stay in whichever place you like best. Depending on which way the balcony faces, the view of the fireworks at Seacrets on the 4th of July, from the 51st street location may be perfect.

Hanover, Pa
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 66th st. or 51st. st -best? Quick response please!

The location doesn't matter. Pick the cheaper one and spend the extra 200 on yourself while in OC.

7. Re: 66th st. or 51st. st -best? Quick response please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:48