We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Dinner in Ocean City MD?

Florida
Level Contributor
335 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Dinner in Ocean City MD?

My husband and I (middle age) will be in Ocean City for the Thanksgiving weekend and are looking for a nice restaurant that will be serving dinner on Thanksgiving. We don't necessarily need turkey and stuffing and probably would prefer seafood, but are most interested in a place with a quiet, lovely atmosphere and quality food, and possibly a nice view.

While we know Thanksgiving is a family holiday for most, we would like to avoid "family friendly" restaurants or noisey crab houses in favor of a more elegant atmosphere and good service. We don't drink so, we weren't sure whether Liquid Assets was for us, even though it gets the No. 1 rating on Trip Advisor. Would Phillips be a good choice? All suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks!

dunmore pa
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner in Ocean City MD?

Hello. Call the Dunes manor on 28th street. They have the beautiful Victorian Room. The number for the hotel is 1-800-523-2888 or www.dunesmanor.com I do think the Phillips on 145th street will be open as well. Also the Holiday Inn also have better restaurants as well. happy Holidays to you. Lots of people go down to Ocean City, md for that weekend.

Maryland
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner in Ocean City MD?

I know Horizons in Clarion is open and t hey have a good buffet usually for thanksgiving and view of the ocean is nice. should be able to get off the menu too if you dont prefer buffets but their buffet is of good quality

ocean city
Level Contributor
354 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner in Ocean City MD?

Hello, I would not let not drinking stop you from trying Liquid Assets. The food is very good and you will find the menu to be unique for Ocean City. Also a favorite of mine in West Ocean City with a view of the inlet and the fishing harbor is The Shark. The food is outstanding, seafood and nonseafood items alike, but you said you were looking for quiet and the high ceilings can make it a bit noisy. If i was you I would avoid all buffets as they will be family and turkey focused.

Pittsburgh PA
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner in Ocean City MD?

If it's just the 2 of you, this might be what you're looking for - not sure if they do something different for Thanksgiving or not.

www.ocmdhotels.com/reflections

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner in Ocean City MD?

Last year we had some excellent steaks at the House of Welsh in Fenwick Island. I would avoid hotel buffets and Phillips. I love the Shark; you should also check out the Sunset Grille also in West Ocean City.

Florida
Level Contributor
335 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner in Ocean City MD?

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions. We have made our hotel reservation at the Hilton Oceanside. Their restaurant, 32 Palm, will be open. Would that be a good choice for a quiet Thanksgiving dinner for two or not? Thanks again!

ocean city
Level Contributor
354 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner in Ocean City MD?

never been to 32 palm but you made a great hotel choice

New Freedom Pa.
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner in Ocean City MD?

About five years ago my wife and I were in OC for Thanksgiving. We had dinner at Harrisons Harbor Watch on the boardwalk at the inlet. It was great she had the traditional Turkey while I had steak and lobster. We both enjoyed it very much and they have a great view upstairs of the boardwalk and the ocean.

Also be sure to check out the Christmas lights that weekend. OC looks like the North pole.

Enjoy

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner in Ocean City MD?

We ate at 32 Palm a few years ago. The food was delicious and the prices were very reasonable. But didn't have Thanksgiving dinner so really can't comment on what they have/serve. The only drawback is that there is no view. The restaurant faces coastal highway. So, if you're looking for a view, go elsewhere. Liquid Assets is very good, but then again facing coastal highway. It all depends in what you're looking for.

Philadelphia...
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner in Ocean City MD?

Mishita...

Staying @ the Hilton is a great choice...as for 32 Palms we did not have a good experience there & to their credit when we complained - we got our 'meal' comped.

May I suggest Fager's @ sunset? We did last T-day and the overture & a bayfront table was great. You're eating early for the sunset (4-4:30p) - but well worth it for something very different.