We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area around the holiday Inn at 127th st

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
580 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Area around the holiday Inn at 127th st

Hi

I know the holiday Inn at 127th at is not on the beach but it appears to be a 2 block walk. How is the beach in that area? Anything else I need to know about the area? In the past we've stayed at the Hampton Inn and sleep Inn so this is our first time staying so far north. Thank you!

4 replies to this topic
pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area around the holiday Inn at 127th st

The beach in that area is good. The Holiday Inn is next to Northside Park so that's a plus for walking and sunset walks and crabbing. It's also a VERY BUSY area. USE THE CROSSWALKS! Don't try and cross Coastal Highway anywhere except the crosswalks. It's too dangerous.

Bel Air, Maryland
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Area around the holiday Inn at 127th st

The Holiday Inn is a nice place to stay. Friends have stayed there for many years. I love North Ocean City. It's a lot less crowded. Northside Park is very nice. Unless you have a real desire to go to the Boardwalk, you can park your car at the motel and walk to grocery stores, convenience stores, and restaurants. LOTS of restaurants in that area. You can take the Beach Bus to the Boardwalk if you'd like. $3 all day.Momoo is right about the crosswalks. There is a traffic light right at 127th St., so please use it to cross Coastal Highway.. The beach is fine. Enjoy !

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Area around the holiday Inn at 127th st

The beach up at the northern end is not as wide as down by the inlet so the walk from the dunes to the ocean water is closer. There are some good food places up this way like the Green Turtle, Bull on the beach, Horizons and the Crabcake Factory. The northern OC area is great, I'll be staying near there in 2 weeks.

Westminster...
Level Contributor
421 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Area around the holiday Inn at 127th st

I always stay on 127th - the beach itself is nice. Only complaint I have is that there is a steep drop off at the water line and there is never a sandbar so the water gets deep very quickly and you get a severe shore break which can be dangerous.

Reply to: Area around the holiday Inn at 127th st
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City