We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seaglass

delaware
1 post
Save Topic
seaglass

Does anyone know someplace accessable by kayak for looking for seaglass in Chestertown? Where can we put our kayaks in and park the car as well? Thanks!

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
976 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seaglass

This isn't a kayaking spot, but I've heard that the Rock Hall beach is a good place. (The times I've visited, I've been running after my children, and haven't had the leisure to look!) There is parking there.

Also, try looking at the Rock Hall website for kayaking routes. There is a tiny little museum in town called "Tolchester Revisited"...I bet the people there would be able to give you some other leads. Although I've heard that some of the best locations are tightly guarded secrets!

Do post back if you have any luck. I am fascinated by seaglass.

Rock Hall...
Level Contributor
28 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seaglass

Here are the best places for seaglass:

-Quaker Neck Landing (take 289/Quaker Neck Rd, then follow the signs). You can put in your kayak, and kayak around. I'm told that if you kayak south there are some beaches along there to look for seaglass, but be sure to watch for "Posted" signs. Some of the property owners aren't fans of seaglass hunters! :)

-Bogle's Wharf on Eastern Neck Island at low tide. Without a doubt, the BEST place for seaglass in the county. You can put in your kayak there, and drive there as well. There's a water trail around the island and I'm sure you'll find plenty of places to pull in and hunt for glass.

--Outside of Rock Hall, Gray's Inn Landing is a nice kayaking spot, but I can't speak to any seaglass places.

Above all I recommend Bogle's Wharf! Beautiful spot on a wildlife refuge so you're free to seaglass hunt and explore!

Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seaglass

Hi,

I live in Chestertown and wish I had seen your post a lot earlier. There are many places where you can park your car and launch your kayaks. Here is a link to all the places where you can put a kayak into the water. kentcounty.com/recreation/…launchramps.htm

Quaker neck Landing on the Chester River is really nice as is Long Cove.

The season is almost over but there is always next year!

4. Re: seaglass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2010, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Chestertown
More Chestertown Topics