We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose a Portland hotel

northern NJ
Level Contributor
181 posts
197 reviews
Help me choose a Portland hotel

We will be using Portland as a base for our short two night three days Maine vacation at the end of this month. So far I like the Portland Regency for about $300 per night. Also available are the Residence Inn Downtown, Hampton Inn Portland downtown for the same price. I prefer not to be near the airport where there are cheaper options. Is the Regency my best bet. Also for the same price would you recommend a hotel within an hour of Portland say from Kennebunkport up that is clearly superior to the Regency.

Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,522 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Help me choose a Portland hotel

My vote is for the Regency. It's not cookie-cutter but rather has a unique and special feel. It's in a nice location in the Old Port. Everything about it, including the very decent bar in the basement, is first class.

Maine
Level Contributor
225 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Help me choose a Portland hotel

I am hosting a major conference next summer in Portland so I did lots of research on hotels and we decided on the Regency. It's unique, newly renovated (in 2012), and close to everything. If you can afford it, ask for a superior King room with a deck on the fourth floor. Lovely views over the Old Port and you can even see a little bit of the harbor. Enjoy!

northern NJ
Level Contributor
181 posts
197 reviews
3. Re: Help me choose a Portland hotel

Thanks for the responses. The Regency it is then.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,216 posts
158 reviews
4. Re: Help me choose a Portland hotel

Great choice !!

Reply to: Help me choose a Portland hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about South Portland