We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose a Portland hotel

northern NJ
Level Contributor
181 posts
179 reviews
Save Topic
Help me choose a Portland hotel

We will be using Portland as a base for our short two night three days Maine vacation at the end of this month. So far I like the Portland Regency for about $300 per night. Also available are the Residence Inn Downtown, Hampton Inn Portland downtown for the same price. I prefer not to be near the airport where there are cheaper options. Is the Regency my best bet. Also for the same price would you recommend a hotel within an hour of Portland say from Kennebunkport up that is clearly superior to the Regency.

Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,889 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me choose a Portland hotel

My vote is for the Regency. It's not cookie-cutter but rather has a unique and special feel. It's in a nice location in the Old Port. Everything about it, including the very decent bar in the basement, is first class.

Maine
Level Contributor
225 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me choose a Portland hotel

I am hosting a major conference next summer in Portland so I did lots of research on hotels and we decided on the Regency. It's unique, newly renovated (in 2012), and close to everything. If you can afford it, ask for a superior King room with a deck on the fourth floor. Lovely views over the Old Port and you can even see a little bit of the harbor. Enjoy!

northern NJ
Level Contributor
181 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me choose a Portland hotel

Thanks for the responses. The Regency it is then.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,926 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me choose a Portland hotel

Great choice !!

Reply to: Help me choose a Portland hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about South Portland