We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

S. Portland ME inexpensive restaurants

Puyallup
Level Contributor
17 posts
156 reviews
S. Portland ME inexpensive restaurants

Will be at a conference at S. Portland Marriott (S. Sable) next fall. What kind of restaurants (to include fast food) will we find there? Anything walking distance to the hotel? Have found Marriotts to be too expensive for more than maybe one dinner there during a stay. Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Maine
Level Contributor
906 posts
1. Re: S. Portland ME inexpensive restaurants

The Marriott Sable Oaks is very near the Maine Mall (I would guess about 1/4 mile from the Sable Oaks entrance to the Mall). This means you will have most of the usual chain restaurants that spring up around malls.

I would suggest doing a google search for South Portland Maine Restaurants and using the map to see what's out there.

Here's a few off the top of my head:

Tim Hortons

Friendly's

Uno's

McDonald's

Burger King

Wendy's

Cracker Barrel

Chili's

On the Border

Panera Bread

Mr Bagel

IHop

Chipotle

Olive Garden

Bugaboo Creek

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,232 posts
160 reviews
2. Re: S. Portland ME inexpensive restaurants

Good list SoxFan !!

Bodori -- There really is nothing in the immediate vicinity of the hotel -- it has a fairly long entrance road, which is up a fairly busy local street from the Mall area. Distance-wise some of the places SoxFan lists are probably within walking distance, but I'm not sure I'd call it particularly "pedestrian friendly" -- narrow sidewalk on one side of the road from the hotel to the Mall entrance.... more, and better, sidewalks as you get closer to more businesses.

The hotel website says they offer a free shuttle service to the Maine Mall -- I'd be tempted to have them shuttle me down to the mall, then walk from there to my restaurant destination (most are nearby), then have them pick me up at the mall afterwards...

Puyallup
Level Contributor
17 posts
156 reviews
3. Re: S. Portland ME inexpensive restaurants

Thank you. this is a big help.

Reply to: S. Portland ME inexpensive restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about South Portland