We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Center of Kennebunkport Restaurants

Connecticut
Level Contributor
48 posts
Center of Kennebunkport Restaurants

We always eat at Federal Jacks when we go to the Port for the day and want a casual place to eat with some atmosphere. SHould I stick with it, or is there something better in the center?

USA
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Center of Kennebunkport Restaurants

We go to Fed's year 'round and love it, but there is a restaurant on the opposite side of the harbor from Fed's that we also like to go to. The name escapes me right now, but they have an outside deck overlooking the harbor, much closer than Fed's deck. The boaters love to wave to everyone on the deck as they sail through....I'll try to get the name for you.

USA
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Center of Kennebunkport Restaurants

The name of the restaurant is Arundel Wharf. I don't know that the food is better than Fed's as we've only ever had drinks and appitizers. The atmosphere (especially on the deck) is great though!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
48 posts
3. Re: Center of Kennebunkport Restaurants

Thank you for the follow-up. I know the restaurant, and we will try it while there.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Center of Kennebunkport Restaurants

"The name of the restaurant is Arundel Wharf"

But do they brew their own Root Beyah????

Maine
1 post
5. Re: Center of Kennebunkport Restaurants

I'm not sure about Federal Jack's but I can relate our experience over the fourth of July weekend that left us with a bad taste in our mouths. Here it is, I believe the name of the restaurant was the Landings but it was the first restaurant off main street to your right as you turn up the road that goes to Walker's point.

We decided to take a 3 day vacation this year down along the coast over the fourth of July weekend, and since we promised our fifteen year old son a traditional lobster dinner we found ourselves in Kennebunkport because as our son put it, "he wanted some atmosphere with his lobster." As we drove through town we noticed a restaurant where people were eating outside on a screened in deck, since it overlooked the water we thought we could observe the many boats entering and leaving the harbor. We found a place to park behind the restaurant that was called "The Landings" and proceeded upstairs to where other people were eating. The first curious thing we encountered was we were told we would have to go back downstairs as there was no seating available, yet we could clearly see at least eight empty tables. I guess because it had just rained about fifteen minutes prior to our arrival they hadn't wiped any of the tables down yet. Maybe it was because of our incredulous look of disbelief she decided she could find us a table after all and we were given a table in the middle of the room were we could see the tops of the boats but not much else. This is not meant to be a restaurant review, but more of a warning about ordering lobster at market prices and summer tourists and how they are sometimes treated. To get back to my story, my son ordered a two pound lobster at market prices. Shortly after we ordered I realized my mistake, I had forgotten to ask the waitress how much was a two pound lobster at market prices, while still mulling the error over in my head I figured the most it could be would be around twenty-eight dollars. I ordered buffalo chicken fingers with fries and my wife had a bowl of chowder. While my wife said her chowder was fair, my chicken was soggy and cold by the time it arrived and so where the fries. When the lobster arrived it turned out to be a female which I was under the impression was supposed to be protected. The roe had turned bright red and was all over the meat from the tail. Although we were assured it was perfectly safe to eat, it presented an unappetizing look that our son to his credit tried to eat, even though he thought it looked bad. While we basically enjoyed the somewhat restricted view of the harbor and being outside to eat, we were shocked when we got the bill and our two pound female lobster weighed in at a very hefty forty-five dollars. Considering that a large part of the lobsters weight is inedible, we ended up with about a half pound of lobster meat at best, that still figures out to about ninety dollars a pound for the actual lobster meat. If we had never been to the coast before we might forgive ourselves for our lack of lobster bargaining etiquette, but we do feel that "The Landings" played a large part in taking advantage of the situation. So if you are planning a lobster vacation in the near future be sure to check those market prices before you order. Just because everyone else in the area is advertising two lobsters for seventeen dollars don't assume that is what you'll pay. Lobster prices as my wife remarked were being advertised at the lowest prices she had ever seen them, but let the buyer beware, along the coast, market prices apparently are more volatile than an Iraqi IED, at least at "The Landings". As we were leaving the restaurant my son somewhat excitedly claimed that was a new record even for him, I couldn't have agreed more as I stared into my now much thinner wallet and asked him if that was enough atmosphere for him. So for those of you who haven't had your lobster yet, just remember market prices means charging whatever they think the market will bear. Or you might consider just having the chowder.

Robert Carvell

P.O. Box 1466

Presque Isle, Maine 04769

Attleboro, MA
6 posts
1 review
6. Re: Center of Kennebunkport Restaurants

I would recommend driving into Wells and going to Mikes clam shack for any kind of seafood. The food is always great there, I have been going there for quite some time now and I haven't had one bad meal yet.