We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay...Help

pittsburgh...
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay...Help

Hi, My husband and I want to spend the 4th of July here, he would like to be able to do some fishing excursions, be close to the water , have a nice pool and be able to walk to restaurants, is this possible???we are in our 50's, he he is having some serious eye surgery in the fall and would like to to these things.....

Nonantum Resort
Nonantum Resort
#1 of 7 hotels in Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport Inn
Kennebunkport Inn
#2 of 7 hotels in Kennebunkport
The Tides Beach Club
The Tides Beach Club
#3 of 7 hotels in Kennebunkport
Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay...Help

There are oodles of high end lodgings in Kennebunkport, so you have lots of options.

There are two types of "water" in Kennebunkport, the ocean and a tidal river.

If you want the ocean, then you aren't in walking distance of downtown unless you are a serious walker/athlete. Certainly not in walking distance if weather is inclement, or it's after dark. But, there is a trolley service in town.

If the tidal river works for you as "water" then you can be in walking distance of shots and restaurants.

The Colony Hotel is right on ocean (well, actually, across a road, but the view of the water is awesome.) It has a very good breakfast buffet included in the room price and a (saltwater?) pool. An old style, classic Maine Inn as you can probably tell by the photos on their web site. It's one of my favorites as I like old, genteel, wooden floors, big tubs, patina, etc. They have become dog friendly in the last few years, and dog owners have jumped on it. LAst few times I was there, I did see dogs. So if having dogs around bothers you, then cross them off your list.

kennebunkport, maine
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay...Help

The village cove inn is a very nice place to stay in kennebunkport. it is walking distance to town, and right on the ocean inlet where you have your own prrivate patio overlooking it and the marina, and they provide a continental breakfast. no pool though. the colony hotel is the only place in k'port with a pool.

3. Re: Where to stay...Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 02:45