We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lobster shack

NJ
Level Contributor
56 posts
77 reviews
lobster shack

We will be going to Kennebunkport in June and we would love to find a lobster shack like we did when we went to Bar Harbor. Just a place by the side of the road with picnic tables that boiled the lobsters in the ocean water and was a byob. Any such places near Kennebunkport?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: lobster shack

Head to Nunan's in Cape Porpoise, a few minutes down Route 9 from Kport. Sounds just like what you are looking for.

central Illinois
1 post
2. Re: lobster shack

Noonans lobster hut in cape porpoise. Exactly what you described.

Great. Maybe 5 miles up the coast from there

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: lobster shack

Nunan's is a fun trip, a cool place.

Let me give you a second alternative. Both are near each other, you can ride by both and see which one suits best.

The Cape Pier Chowder House is located in Cape Porpoise also, at the end of Pier road right next to the pier. Operated by the Cape Porpoise Lobster, it is right on the water, so you have a great view, including the lighthouse on Goat Island. (if you can't see it seated from the picnic tables, then get up after you eat and walk out the pier and see it.

Either one would be great, and the village of Cape Porpoise is worth a trip in itself.

Kennebunkport
1 post
4. Re: lobster shack

When my guests ask me where to get a good lobster in Kennebunkport I tell them most every place.

However, if you want a great lobster experience at a reasonable price it's with out a doubt Nunans.

As a local Innkeeper I need to go to Nunans at least twice a season for these tasty crustacians. I always get the 2 Lobster Special. Can;t beat the price!

When asked by my waitress if I would like blueberry or apple pie for dessert, I say "yes", and so should you.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: lobster shack

When I was a kid growing up in the 1970s, we used to go to Maine every year. On one of the visits, we went to Nunan's in Cape Porpoise. I never forgot the place or how much I enjoyed it. 20 years, later, my father and I took a trip to Maine not long after my mother had died. Sure enough, we found Nunan's, not seeming to have changed much since we last saw it, and sure enough, it was still great. Last summer, our whole family took a trip to Ogunquit-my father, my siblings, nieces and nephews, etc. We made it to Nunan's and if you're looking for lobster in that area, I highly recommend you go there, too. Enjoy your trip.

kennebunkport, maine
Level Contributor
52 posts
6. Re: lobster shack

noonan's is good. if you go to wells, along rte. one, lords is great. make a left at the fire station off rte. one, at the intersection of one and 9/109. also down that road is another little hole in the wall with great food. i don't remember the name, but it is the only other restaurant on that road on the way to lords. both are worth the trip. there is another place along rte.one in wells on the right side of the road going south. it sells live or cooked lobsters and has tables with unbrellas for outside dining. sorry, don't remember the name but you can't miss it.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: lobster shack

Beach Plum Lobster?

New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: lobster shack

hi

there is one right by the bridge on Main Street. it is awsome... if you didn't go yet, don't miss it..

try the fresh fried clams.

New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: lobster shack

if its for the best lobster you will ever have.. Nunans in Cape Porpoise is the place.

Maine
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
10. Re: lobster shack

Go to Nunan's. You won't regret it!