We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

georgetown maine wk of aug 6-13 2011

charlottesville
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
georgetown maine wk of aug 6-13 2011

thinking of staying in this area near reid state park. I will be with 2 kids and my wife. Is this a good spot for a weeks vacation and what are the flies like this time of year? are there a couple of good restaurants nearby?

3 replies to this topic
INDIANA
Level Contributor
112 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: georgetown maine wk of aug 6-13 2011

Well, I have only been to Georgetown once and loved it. We visited last year. It is a very rural area. The only businesses being a small convenience store (more like a camp store), Georgetown Pottery (cool), Five Islands Lobster (not really in Georgetown), Robinhood Meeting House (small upscale restaurant) and Robinhood Cove (a cool marina to visit). We never actually entered Reid State Park as our rental home sort of backed up to the park via the ocean and we didn't need to go. I have heard it is a really nice park. We drove to Bath for our everyday needs...Shaw's, Walmart, etc. 20 min. drive or so from where we stayed and we didn't mind the drive a bit. I loved the area so much I will probably make it our "spot" in Miaine.

INDIANA
Level Contributor
112 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: georgetown maine wk of aug 6-13 2011

As for flies...I think they are bad mostly in the spring and around wooded areas. We had some in late June last year, but not near the ocean and mostly we just dealt with them with no problem. I can't say how they are this year.

Georgetown, Maine
Level Contributor
1 post
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: georgetown maine wk of aug 6-13 2011

Next time in Georgetown visit Five Islands Farm, a wonderful farm stand & gourmet market located a half mile before Five Islands Lobster. Much more than a camp store, its filled with great local foods and fresh local produce in season.

Reply to: georgetown maine wk of aug 6-13 2011
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Georgetown