We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailing daily tours

New York, NY
Level Contributor
233 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sailing daily tours

My husband, myself and our teen son will be in Camde in July for a couple days and woudl like to take a 2-3 hours siling tour. We have never done this before and do have a lot of questions.

I foudn the following companies offering these sailing tours from Camden:

Lazy Jack II

Has anyone can reccomend me one tour or another? What is the best time to saile: morning, midday or sunset ? SHodul we worry about seasickness (my husaband biggest worry)? Appledore schooner takes 49 passanger, will it be crowded ?

What criteria shodul we look to choose the tour/schooner?

Thank you

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sailing daily tours

On the typical summer day (if there is such a thing) generally mid-afternoon is when the sea-breeze is best, so that would be your best sailing. West Penobscot Bay (where you'll be sailing) doesn't usually have much of a swell, and the wind waves won't be that large. These boats are generally fairly large heavy boats (as sailboats go), and the motion won't be all that great, so sea-sickness shouldn't be a problem. But if it is a worry, get some chewable Bonine, take a tablet, crush it up with your teeth but don't swallow -- let it absorb in your mouth. That usually works for me, but everyone is different. You could try the meds ahead of time to see what effect they have on you.

If the weather is nice, it should be a fantastic experience. Enjoy!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
233 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sailing daily tours

thank you, Harborfields.

I'll probably book 3PM tour.

Now, which one to choose. HAs anyone had any experience with any of these companies and can reccommend one or another?

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sailing daily tours

Just returned last week from spending time in Camden. We took the 10:00 AM two hour sail on the Schooner Olad. I would highly recommend it. Captain Aaron and Matthew were very accomodating and shared lots of information about the area, other boats, etc. Gave us suggestions about where to eat and places to visit. Take a jacket & sunscreen.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
4. Re: Sailing daily tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 10:11
Get answers to your questions about Camden
Recent Conversations