We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Camden?

uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Camden?

Hi, we're planning a trip to Camden next July, 2 adults, 1 child. Looking for a small cottage for a week, anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Camden?

FMB3

You could also broaden your search to include Rockport which is within walking distance of Camden and the Megunticook lake area which is a 5 min drive away...both lovely areas

Good luck

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Camden?

"Walking distance from Camden" greatly depends on where you start in Rockport. The Samoset Resort is in Rockport, but I wouldn't walk to Camden from there.

Have you seen any cottages online that you like?

Here is one source to start your search:

http://www.camdenac.com/

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Camden?

CB48

I was using Camden harbour to Rockport harbour as my reference points which is only a couple of miles or an easy 45 min walk past the Belted Galways. Excuse my English ignorance but why is the Samoset resort classed as Rockport when its almost in Rockland (genuine question).

See you all again in 11 months

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Camden?

CB48

Just satisfied my own Samoset Village curiosity via Google maps

It is as you alluded too a few miles away from Rockport Town being right on the Southernmost edge of Rockports boundary hence "Samoset Rockport" even though its only a stones throw from Rockland!!.

(Looks very nice too, but we look forward to our return to Abigails Inn at Camden)

Thanks

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Camden?

monyash: A lot of towns in Maine are like that - geographically huge and overlapping boundary lines. I drive in and out of the town I live in three times on my daily commute. :-)

I just didn't want the OP to choose the wrong spot in Rockport if they wanted a quick jaunt to downtown Camden.

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Camden?

CB48

Thanks for that

BTW..some great places in the link you provided for FMB3

7. Re: Where to stay in Camden?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Camden