We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A motel to avoid

United States
Level Contributor
137 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
A motel to avoid

Do yourself a favor and avoid the Abbington Cottages in Lincolnville just north of Camden. This is not just a Downeast Maine rustic motel, it is sub-standard at best. It would be overpriced at half the advertised price. The cottage I was assigned was in dis-repair, with well worn linens (not sure they were clean), window coverings that did not cover the window, a security dead-bolt lock which was keyed on the outside (someone on staff has the key----hello! have you heard of the Bates Motel?). Why did I stay??? It had been a very long day and I needed a place to put my head. Also, when I made the reservation I was immediately charged, so it was prepaid. That prepayment was a mistake I will never make again. Sure they want you to prepay, otherwise you would cancel and go down the road a mile or some to a more desireable accomodation.

Virginia
Level Contributor
291 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A motel to avoid

Sorry to hear that.

Your review would probably be more helpful to others if you posted it on the Motel's page here on Trip Advisor:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g40714-d619646-…

2. Re: A motel to avoid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 12:46
Get answers to your questions about Camden