We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A motel to avoid

United States
Level Contributor
137 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
A motel to avoid

Do yourself a favor and avoid the Abbington Cottages in Lincolnville just north of Camden. This is not just a Downeast Maine rustic motel, it is sub-standard at best. It would be overpriced at half the advertised price. The cottage I was assigned was in dis-repair, with well worn linens (not sure they were clean), window coverings that did not cover the window, a security dead-bolt lock which was keyed on the outside (someone on staff has the key----hello! have you heard of the Bates Motel?). Why did I stay??? It had been a very long day and I needed a place to put my head. Also, when I made the reservation I was immediately charged, so it was prepaid. That prepayment was a mistake I will never make again. Sure they want you to prepay, otherwise you would cancel and go down the road a mile or some to a more desireable accomodation.

Mentioned in this post
Lincolnville
Lincolnville
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Camden
Camden
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Maine
Maine
United States
Virginia
Level Contributor
291 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A motel to avoid

Sorry to hear that.

Your review would probably be more helpful to others if you posted it on the Motel's page here on Trip Advisor:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g40714-d619646-…

2. Re: A motel to avoid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 12:46
Get answers to your questions about Camden