We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camden or Rockland?

Myrtle Beach SC
Level Contributor
50 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Camden or Rockland?

Got off work and have reservations in Portland for 2 nights, so that leaves 2 more nights in either Camden (Whitehall, Mainestay or Riverhouse) or Rockland (looking at the Limehouse etc). My husband loves the water (he can hang around the harbor or go fishing) and me the shopping and art so which one would you choose. We decided against Samoset in Rockport since we are not golfers and it looks like that was all there was to do there. Thanks for any suggestions!!

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camden or Rockland?

Please see the responses under your "Relaxing Itinerary" posting.....

Duplicating your questions in different postings in the same Forum tends to disperse and scatter your responses.... makes it tough for you to keep track of the responses and tough for Destination Experts to see what advice you've already received so we don't repeat it....

Don't mean to criticize -- just trying to make life easier for both of us.

Myrtle Beach SC
Level Contributor
50 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camden or Rockland?

Sorry about that, I got a little nervous when I started seeing hotels and B & B's filling up. I was set on Camden until I read that Rockland has become a great "foodie" town and we love our restaurants! Then, I started searching for lodging with a view of the bay, within walking distance to town and came up with Camden again. Now, everything looks good! Thank you for your help and suggestions, Lisa

3. Re: Camden or Rockland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 12:50
Get answers to your questions about Camden
Recent Conversations