We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camden area accomodations--requesting input

San Francisco...
2 posts
Save Topic
Camden area accomodations--requesting input

Can anyone compare these Camden/Rockport/Rockland lodgings? They all have availability for our late summer 2-nite stay:

-Lord Camden Inn

-Camden Riverhouse and Suites

-Claddaugh Motel

-Cedarcrest Motel

-High Tide Inn

I haven't found much written about Claddaugh, Cedarcrest or High Tide. The Samoset Resort also has rooms, which with AAA are similarly priced to some of the spots above. We are a family with kids under 12. Will use it as a stopover on the coast and also a base to explore the Camden/Rockland area.

Thank you very much!

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camden area accomodations--requesting input

If you want to do both Camden and Rockland, the Samoset is pretty much between the two, in Rockport. They have a beautiful new outdoor pool and an oceanside golf course, if either of those interest you. There's also a lighthouse pretty much in their front yard.

They're in the midst of major renovations and are also running package deals. In addition to your AAA discount, you may want to check their site to see if any of their deals apply to you:

http://www.samosetresort.com/about

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camden area accomodations--requesting input

High Tide Inn is an older property, formerly an estate. It is a beautiful setting right on the ocean and if you are not particular about pristinely-renovated rooms and high-end amenities, it will do just fine. It is not in the center of town if that's what you are looking for, but a couple of miles drive.

Boston
Level Contributor
151 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camden area accomodations--requesting input

Funny you should ask this question, I was just about to post my experience staying at the Lord Camden Inn. I stayed there on July 5th and 6th and had a third floor room with a king sized bed facing the town with a partial harbor view. My impression of my stay was quite favorable. This is a boutique hotel that has about 37 rooms, but yet is quite quiet in many ways. The inn is extrodinarily convenient: you walk out the front door and your in the middle of the town surrounded by stores and if you walk across the street and go about a block your right at the harbor. Don't worry about noise stayying in the center of the town since these coast towns usually pullup the sidewalk about 9:00 p.m. Lord Camden Inn has nice amenities, including 24 hour front desk, a small gym, a nice buffet breakfast with cereals, pastries, fruit, juice and when I was there bacon and eggs and the next day sausage and eggs. They also put out nice desserts at the front desk in the afternoon in complement with the beverage. The room I had was nice and clean and it had an exposed brick backdrop, It also came with balcony which was pretty cool, especially to sit out there and watch the boats in the harbor or just read a book. The bed was extremely comfortable and housekeeping was very good. I paid a litttle less than $200 a night and that was with my triple AAA card. Whether you stay there or not or just visit you will enjoy Camden. It is a very pretty town.

Edited: 11 July 2010, 06:06
Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camden area accomodations--requesting input

We stayed at the Camden Riverhouse earlier this week and loved it. If we ever get back that way again, there is no question where we will be staying.

5. Re: Camden area accomodations--requesting input

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2011, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Camden
Recent Conversations