We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for best romantic place to stay in Camden

NYC
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for best romantic place to stay in Camden

Hi, we're going to be in Camden sometime after Sept 1st. Questions I have: 1. What's the most romantic place to stay? Any places with big soaking tubs and walk in showers? 2. What to see while there? How far is Mt. Desert Island/Arcadia Park? 3. Has anybody driven from Camden up to Bay of Fundy and what's there to stop and do along the way WAY EAST on Maine coast? Thanks in advance for any helpful tips or suggestions.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for best romantic place to stay in Camden

Check out the cottage at the Lodge at Camden Hills:

http://thelodgeatcamdenhills.com/rooms.html

It has a nice jacuzzi tub and a shower, as you asked. :-)

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for best romantic place to stay in Camden

Mount Battie is a must-see while in Camden. Great views from the top of the auto road. Acadia National Park is about a two hour drive from Camden.

Driving from Camden to the Bay of Fundy would be certainly doable but I'd schedule three or four days to go up there and back. After Ellsworth and Acadia National Park on Schoodic Peninsula, you are in way Downeast Maine. There aren't many restaurants or lodging establishments. But there certainly is beautiful coastal scenery, although not much of that is visible from the highway. There are several state parks, some lighthouses, rugged trails, Lubec and the bridge over to Campobello Island which is in Canada and the site of the Roosevelt mansion. Then there is Eastport and the crossing to the province of New Brunswick.

In my opinion, the Bay of Fundy is a whole separate trip and much more spectacular on the Nova Scotia side than the New Brunswick side.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for best romantic place to stay in Camden

The Camden Harbour Inn looks like the nicest place to stay to me. I stayed there 25 years ago, before it became a European-style, boutique hotel. It was even nice way back then. Now it looks stunning.

http://www.camdenharbourinn.com/

Smithtown, New York
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for best romantic place to stay in Camden

The most romantic place to stay is Cedarholm Garden Bay Inn. We visit twice a year. Gorgeous grounds, wonderful hospitality, very private.

Columbia, Md
Level Contributor
157 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for best romantic place to stay in Camden

Hi, Camden is lovely it really is. My vote would be for Maine Stay and Timbercliffe Cottage - but I cant remember if any of their rooms have hot tubs/jacuzzi's, I know Maine Stay has them in some of the suites.

6. Re: Looking for best romantic place to stay in Camden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2011, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Camden