We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monegan Island question

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Monegan Island question

Hello, we're hoping to make another Boothbay trip this summer and would like to re-visit Monhegan Island while we're there.

One member of our family is handicapped, however, and travels around using a small motorized scooter. It's been a while since I've been to Monhegan, but I seem to remember that all the walking paths are dirt roads or hiking trails--not something that a scooter can manage. Does anybody more familiar with the island have any insight?

If the scooter can't navigate the island, then most likely a smaller group of us will travel to the island, while others (including the scooter) do something else.

Thanks for any advice. - John

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monegan Island question

I think it would definitely be hard to get around Monhegan on a motorized scooter. Just the hill up from the ferry dock would be difficult. The roads are still rutted dirt. Your memory is correct.

2. Re: Monegan Island question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 14:52
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor