We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bath v. Boothbay Harbor

Essex, Connecticut
Level Contributor
42 posts
141 reviews
Bath v. Boothbay Harbor

Trying to decide between staying in Bath or Boothbay Harbor this summer...No kids, just relaxing, sight-seeing, shopping. Can anyone describe the difference in "tone" or atmosphere? Will be looking for a comfortable and reasonable B&B. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

16 replies to this topic
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,972 posts
3 reviews
11. Re: Bath v. Boothbay Harbor

After we leave Boothbay, we move up to Camden where we stay at the Grand Harbor Inn. It's fantastic, right on the harbor. They bring breakfast on a tray to your room when you call. Sitting on your balcony is lovely.

.http://www.grandharborinn.com/index.htm

Kennebunks, Maine
Level Contributor
17 posts
12. Re: Bath v. Boothbay Harbor

I love Bath & Boothbay! I think you would be fine with just doing a day trip to Boothbay Harbor though! Bath will be less touristy and less busy. The Maine Maritime Museum is a really neat place to check out! There is also a really cute downtown in Brunswick with lots of different places to eat and neat shopping opportunities!

Elephant Butte, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
60 reviews
13. Re: Bath v. Boothbay Harbor

Thanks for all the comments, coming from New Mexico, so totally out of our element. Any other B&B suggestions or must sees. Will be there around the first of Sept.

Essex, Connecticut
Level Contributor
42 posts
141 reviews
14. Re: Bath v. Boothbay Harbor

Wow New Mexico, one of my all time favorite trips! Cannot wait to go back. Anyway, since I first posted this, I researched and changed our trip completely! If you have not been to Maine you MUST start with Bar Harbor and Acadia. What a beautiful National Park. Hikes for every ability level and magnificent views. We got up at 4 am today to drive up Cadillac Mt to see the sun rise over the ocean. Worth it. Stayed at a nice B&B, Coach Stop inn, really nice place, but there may be a lot more less expensive places. Ok so a couple of days there, then down to mid coast Maine, we ended up staying in Camden which we love. However with kids, maybe Boothbay Harbor is better. Will update in a couple of days. Plan to see Boothbay, Bath, Rockland, Rockport, and Monhegan Island. so many choices here and depends on what you like and who is with you! Good ice cream, and very slow Maine drivers! But really, everyone is so friendly here we love I!

Elephant Butte, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
60 reviews
15. Re: Bath v. Boothbay Harbor

Thanks for the good info. Will will look forward to the next post. Your itinerary is just what I was planning. Bath, Boothbay,and up the coast to Camden so will be happy for your input.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
210 reviews
16. Re: Bath v. Boothbay Harbor

Bath has a lovely downtown but as far as a place to stay for the summer I woudl suggest Boorthbay and driving to Bath for the day to shop in the charming downtown and eat at one of the great restaurants. However, that being said Boothbay prices are much higher for lodging.

Reply to: Bath v. Boothbay Harbor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bath
Recent Conversations