We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from NYC to Bath, ME

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Driving from NYC to Bath, ME

Hello there. This question may be difficult to answer but would anyone out there know how much it would cost to pay tolls on a drive from NYC to Bath, Maine? Any input is greatly appreciated as my family and I are looking to take a ride in our car for a nice trip. Thanks in advance!!

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
6 replies to this topic
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,979 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from NYC to Bath, ME

Tough to even take a guess at this question without knowing which routes you plan to use -- there is more than one option for getting from NYC to the Massachusetts-New Hampshire border where I-95 becomes your best route choice if you want to avoid congested coastal villages in New Hampshire and Maine and just get to Bath as quickly as possible.... For example, sections of I-90 (the Massachusetts Turnpike) are toll roads; as are parts of I-95 in Connecticut. Both will get you to I-495 or I-95 in Massachusetts, which are not toll roads.... If you can tell us your planned route, we may be able to make an educated guess as to what your toll costs might be.

Mentioned in this post
Massachusetts
Massachusetts
United States
New Hampshire
New Hampshire
United States
Maine
Maine
United States
Connecticut
Connecticut
United States
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from NYC to Bath, ME

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I'm definitely interested in the I-95 and I-495 options if they indeed are the best routes for avoiding potential congestion. With that in mind, what kind of costs do you think I'll be looking at toll wise? Obviously, I'll have to look into potential travel routes a little more of course. Thanks again for your input!

Wolcott, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
981 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from NYC to Bath, ME

From NYC your best bet is to go over one of the bridges ($6.50) and take the Hutch/Merrit to 684 to Rt 84 to Rt 90 (Mass Pike). No tools on any of those roads. The Mass Pike to Rt 495 will only cost you a little over $1.00. Next toll is in NH and I think that's $2.00. Maine from York to Portland (295) is around $3-$4. Those are all w/out EZPass which will give you some discounts.

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
York
York
Maine
Boston...
Level Contributor
938 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from NYC to Bath, ME

Not a complete list but whatever tolls I can remember on this route -

I-95 NYC - I-84 Hartford - I-495 - I-95 NH/Maine - I-295

* GW Bridge - Current price??

* I-95 (Rye,NY) - Don't Remember

* I-84 to I-90 - $1.70

* I-95 New Hampshire - $2.00

* I-95 Maine(Wells,ME) - $2.00

* I-295 (Portland,ME) - $1.00

All the amounts are approx, I might be off by a dollar or two.

Mentioned in this post
Hartford
Hartford
Connecticut
Maine
Maine
United States
New Hampshire
New Hampshire
United States
Wells
Wells
Maine
NYC area
Level Contributor
432 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving from NYC to Bath, ME

Just want to add that EZ Pass will not only save you some money, but will usually enable you to get through the tolls much more quickly. At busy times, the lines to pay can be quite long.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving from NYC to Bath, ME

You guys are incredible! Thank you so much!!!

Reply to: Driving from NYC to Bath, ME
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bath