We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monkey C Monkey Do - Great Family Attraction

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
6 reviews
Monkey C Monkey Do - Great Family Attraction

http://monkeycmonkeydo.smugmug.com/

This attraction was located just north of Bath on Route 1 in Wiscasset. We found it while driving from Acadia to Camden and though that others might enjoy finding out about it.

It is an elevated ropes course with zip lines that was great fun for the entire family. Kids thoroughly enjoyed their experience here and many adults seemed to be having more fun than their kids.

The staff was great and they really helped both the kids and adults overcome any fears they had. Safety and equipment was all first class.

After the orientation you were allowed to spend as much time as you wished moving in and around the course. Unlike anything else we have found and I would highly recommend planning for two to three hours here if you are traveling Route 1 through the area. Parents or family members were free to move around and take photo's and they even have helmet cams for rent to make your own video if you wish.

Level Contributor
3,608 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Monkey C Monkey Do - Great Family Attraction

Thank you for the info. Could a parent tag along and not do the zip lining and not have to pay? Did you have reservations? I hate tying myself down to a time but we will be there in Aug and I know it will be busy.

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Monkey C Monkey Do - Great Family Attraction

Yes, we stayed on the ground and watched and took pics and there was no charge for that. It is not just zip lines, it is a suspended ropes course where they traverse a lot of different obstacles while being clipped onto safety lines. There were only two zip lines but you can go through the course as many times as you want. Other than the log rolling classes at the lumberjack show in Ellseworth, this is what our kids enjoyed the most about our week in Maine. No reservations were needed unless you are reserving for big parties.

Edited: 19 July 2010, 01:16
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Monkey C Monkey Do - Great Family Attraction

Thanks I was also looking at the log rolling class. My kids are almost 9 (girl) and boy almost 13, Is it too youngish for him to enjoy? Also it looks like it is $50 per kid. $100 for an hour seems a little expensive. Did you think it was worth the money? Thanks for your input.

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Monkey C Monkey Do - Great Family Attraction

If he enjoys a challenge, it shouldn't be a problem. I talked to a few adults and teenagers who all seemed to enjoy it as much as our kids. Only you know your child and I guess only you can make that call. I will say that Tina has a personality that makes things fun for everybody. Two kids can get on the log at once and with ours, it naturally became a sibling competition to see who could outlast the other. We had three kids and she just charged us $50 for the hour, not a per kid price and it was money well spent from our perspective.

Edited: 19 July 2010, 19:52
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Monkey C Monkey Do - Great Family Attraction

Thanks. It was hard to tell from their site if it was $50 a family or per kid. Did you also go to the show? Thank you for the all the help. The kids really want to do the zip lining.

6. Re: Monkey C Monkey Do - Great Family Attraction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Bath
Recent Conversations