We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good places to eat in Bath or area?

Orlando
Level Contributor
51 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Good places to eat in Bath or area?

Coming through Bath driving to Bar Harbor in early June. We love seafood. Any recommendations for a great lunch?

Starlight Cafe
₹, American, Cafe, Soups
Mae's Cafe and Bakery
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, American, Healthy, Soups
Beale Street Barbeque and Grill
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, American, Barbecue
Central Maine
Level Contributor
451 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good places to eat in Bath or area?

In Bath proper there is Kennebec Tavern. Beautiful setting on water w/ river views. Seafood and local specialties. Sit in bar/pub area or more formal dining room.

Heading north on Rte One...Montsweag Roadhouse, Woolwich. No views. Excellent seafood, burgers, etc. in pub atmosphere.

Continuing north...Seabasket, Wiscasset. Fried fish/seafood in "Drive-In" atmosphere (but not rushed). Also in Wiscasset is Red's, with typically long lines waiting for "world's best lobster roll". No atmosphere/outdoor seating.

If want to/willing to detour off Rte One...The Osprey in Georgetown and farther out that same peninsula is Five Islands Lobster Co. Osprey is more upscale w/ marina views. 5 Islands is real lobster pound right on water.

Mentioned in this post
Kennebec Inn
Kennebec Inn
129 Reviews
Bath, ME
Orlando
Level Contributor
51 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good places to eat in Bath or area?

Thanks for the suggestions. I wish we had more than one week to spend in the area!

New England
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good places to eat in Bath or area?

The Cabin in Bath makes great pizza when you have had your fill of seafood.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,062 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good places to eat in Bath or area?

"Heading north on Rte One...Montsweag Roadhouse, Woolwich. No views. Excellent seafood, burgers, etc. in pub atmosphere."

HD - Have you been there recently? It was pretty hit-or-miss the last time we were there. I'd love to hear that things were back on the upswing.

Central Maine
Level Contributor
451 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good places to eat in Bath or area?

CB48: have not been to Montsweag since last fall. Food and service at the bar for lunch was fine as usual. Sorry to hear it may be having problems. Chris and Jen took on The Osprey last year and recently took over the Miss Wiscasset Diner (plus Five Islands Lobster makes four). Perhaps they are stretching too thin these days. I will report back on my next visit.

Central Maine
Level Contributor
451 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good places to eat in Bath or area?

CB48...I promised to report back. had lunch at Montsweag Roadhouse yesterday. My blackened salmon (fresh and perfectly cooked) w/ cilantro mayo was excellent as usual; fries were fresh, crisp, not greasy, etc.

So I hope the problems you had were just an off-day.

7. Re: Good places to eat in Bath or area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2010, 12:19
Get answers to your questions about Bath