We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get there, where to stay & what to do?

3 posts
Save Topic
How to get there, where to stay & what to do?

I'll be in Hanoi, plan on going to Phong Nha and Hue after, I'll be travelling solo in February.

Is the easiest way to fly from Hanoi then catch a bus from Dong Hoi? I've read I'd need to catch a local bus from Nam Ly bus station (Ben Xe Nam Ly) is this correct?

I'm quite adventurous but never camped and I'm also fearful of leaving valuables such as a laptop at the tour offices. Would I see enough on one day tours and sleep in Phong Nha? Any tried and tested tours?

And lastly what would the weather be like in mid-february? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Hue
Hue
Thua Thien - Hue Province, Vietnam
Dong Hoi
Dong Hoi
Quang Binh Province, Vietnam
Tarentum...
Destination Expert
for Da Nang, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park
Level Contributor
3,086 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get there, where to stay & what to do?

Yes if you can afford it flying is best. Local bus from Dong Hoi runs hourly till 5pm 35k vnd and the best tour for the money is the National Park tour. 2 caves, transport and lunch plus guide.

Mentioned in this post
Dong Hoi
Dong Hoi
Quang Binh Province, Vietnam
2. Re: How to get there, where to stay & what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2017, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Phong Nha-Ke Bang...