We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food and fun

toledo
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
food and fun

Looking for local favorites for oyster, shrimp, gator, cajun/french foods. Will be there for the Crawfish Fest in May and this could help to decide which vendors to visit.

Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food and fun

Are you asking about food vendors at the Festival or restaurants in the area?

toledo
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: food and fun

Mostly in the area. This is our fourth thip to Breaux Bridge. Have been to many of the places. Still realy like Paul's in Carrencro. Don't know who the vendors are at the festival. First time able to get a room for the festival.

Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food and fun

Well, congrats on getting a room. I keep meaning to go to Paul's!

There's Café des Amis. It's rich, delicious food. The kitchen is turning out better food lately--they had a slight slump. And, as you probably know, it's the place to be Wednesday evenings (varied music) and Saturday mornings (zydeco breakfast). My favorite time is early Sunday mornings. Very quiet and very yummy.

My favorite boiled crawfish place is Crazy 'Bout Crawfish. It's undoubtedly going to be mobbed. But if it's not, it's great.

Poché's is a great place to get a plate lunch. It's very fast since it's cafeteria style and I've never seen it super crowded.

Le Café and Creole Lunch Box--excellent food by all reports. I live in BB but work outside, so I miss the lunch places.

Zapote's Mexican Grill--some people swear by it. I did not find it delicious the one time I went but it is very popular.

Buck and Johnny's--This is a new Italian place in town. But look, it's got crawfish fettucine, corn bisque (sometimes) and all manner of Cajun touches to Italian food. Have some alligator sausage on your pizza. The food is excellent. The wine selection is good. You can dine outside or in. The caesar salad is to die for. www.buckandjohnnys.com/index.php…

Don't forget LA 31 beer. It's made up the Teche in Arnaudville. Good people, good beers.

Baby's Coffee--It's a great coffee roaster. Go buy beans if you are so inclined.

Foti's (corner of Mills and Berard) is a fruit stand, a recycler, and a seller of takeout boiled crawfish. They also have lots of Louisiana spices and other food products.

Aunt Bea's Mustang Café. Inside the car dealership, go figure. It's supposed to be delicious for breakfast, maybe lunch.

Glenda's Creole Kitchen Restaurant--recently featured in some Tony Bourdain show. http://glendascreolekitchen.biz/About.html. Well worth seeking out, I'm told.

I hope this helps and that you will write a trip report after if you are so inclined. Let me know if you have more questions.

Oh, vendors--I have no clue! sorry!

4. Re: food and fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 15:14
Get answers to your questions about Breaux Bridge
More Breaux Bridge Topics