We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lexington to get new 21c Museum Hotel

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Lexington to get new 21c Museum Hotel

The front page of the April 10, 2012 Lexington Herald-Leader reports that the old First National Bank building on Main Street in Lexington has been bought and will become a 21c Museum Hotel.

Great news! The mayor is calling it a "game-changer" and I totally agree.

I've always thought that Lexington offered nothing special when it came to hotels. Not one of the local hotels distinguish themselves from the rest.

This is going to change that. It is going to shake up the hotel and restaurant scene.

If you're familiar with the Louisville property's red penguins-----the paper is reporting that Lexington will get blue penguins.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lexington to get new 21c Museum Hotel

OK...it took me 5 minutes to "get" the BLUE penguins.

This is awesome news! I have been in the Louisville 21C a couple times, but never slept there. Now that i have a kid headed to UK, I cant wait to be one of their first guests.

Congrats on the National Championship by the way!

Miller

Edited: 11 April 2012, 09:53
Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lexington to get new 21c Museum Hotel

This story continues to make front-page news today----with a cover photo of an urban county councilman with his arms wrapped around a blue penguin.

This is big....

I can see us someday having dinner at A la Lucie, enjoying a movie at The KY Theatre, then returning to a room at the 21c----all within walking distance of each other.

Bring it on.....

(The Louisville 21c was named the number 1 hotel in the United States two years in a row by readers of Conde Nast magazine.)

3. Re: Lexington to get new 21c Museum Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:11
Get answers to your questions about Lexington